inertia switch clip

My inertia switch and clip was missing when i bought my TR6....this part is nla , has anyone got a spare one that i could buy ?

i have a switch , its the clip i am after

thanks

Len

Worth considering using the inertia switch to activate/deactivate a relay to the pump. Mine (and I’m sure thousands of others) melted its guts out because of the current the pump drew. That’s a Bosch pump though, can’t recall what the Lucas draw is.

If your inertia switch is stuffed, PM me as I have a schematic to 3D print a mount for the rover/MGF inertia switch

My original inertia switch ran a bosch 996 pump for more than adecade with no issues.

I have however done what Matt says and added a relay, so the inertia and ignition switches are only powering the relay.

Ive also swapped out the original now for the revington style, but bought cheaply on ebay :-)

My original tripped for no good reason a cou-le of times, the new one had been reliable for a year now.

Hth

Steve

Edited by Steves_TR6

I fitted a relay some time ago. It worth putting it somewhere accessible, as my relay failed last week, just before inset off for Classic Le Mans. Took some time to diagnose it, as a relay failure was last on my list, but a simple replacement cured the problem. Carry a spare? Its a compact small item.

John

The clips are called Terry Clips and on E-Bay they are available in stainless steel, plastic coated steel etc. I think 28mm dia was the size I bought.

For a modern inertia switch the last one I bought was off a Freelander exactly the same as Moss etc. £5 from a breakers yard, they are mounted on the bulkhead as the TR, plus I clipped off the bit of harness with it. There are other cars also using the same switch including some Aston Martins.

Rob