How are the headlamp bowls fitted to the wings on the TR3.? I have two beautifully restored and painted wings fitted to my Tr3 but the refurbishment by the first class bodyshop removed any evidence of how the headlamp bowls are secured leaving only square holes. It is obviously a "blind " fixing and suggests the need for one of those plastic push fit inserts to accept the self tapping screw, but would that have happened at assembly circa 1956? It seems a simple problem but without the opportunity to stare at a whole shelf of proprietary fixings advice would be appreciated.

David,

My experience from a slightly different perspective is when I tried to align my headlights on dip beam the horizontal edge was tipped at an angle, the headlamp glass is not adjustable (rotationaly) on the bowl so I had to re-drill the fixings you mentioned and move them fifteen degrees or so to get a good beam alignment.

So my long-winded advice would be not to fix the bowls until you have workable headlamps, then park in front of doors / wall and get the correct beam alignment. Obviously the up-down and left-right are adjustable on screws.

Alan

Thank you gentlemen for the very rapid response, and apologies for referring to the wings rather than the nose cone. You would think that after staring at the front of my car for the best part of three years I would with, some accuracy, refer to the correct panel. Anyway thank you again for all the contributions. David.

P.S Is anyone out there living with a side screen TR and in the Ledbury/Malvern Herefordshire area ?