flies like brake fluide (brake fluide leak container)

Hi,

against all stories I've been told I fitted a 0,625" clutch master cylinder on my TR4A in 2016.

With the 0,7" cylinder I had normal pedal way, now the clutch works lovely with the 0,625" cylinder and some more pedal way.

I used a NOS one from 1969, sold als brake cylinder for a Reliant 600/700 - without changing the seals.

To see how long the old seals works I made a brake fluid leak container to set under both master cylinders.

post-13222-0-02476700-1530482599_thumb.jpg

Checked last week everythink was dry,

checked today I realised flies like brake fluid - and I'm so sorry for that - die from brake fluid.

post-13222-0-26574100-1530482600_thumb.jpg

If wanted: I have 2 more containers in my workshop, would like to have 10 GBP + 5 GBP for shipping.

To fit you have to unfasten both master cylinders, the container sticks in between the bracket.

If any interest please send me a PM.

Ciao Marco

Edited by Z320
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

after a very nice drive today a look in the leak container told me I should fit a new seal on the clutch master cylinder?

1449899278_TriumphTR4Abrakefluidleakcontainer10-2018.JPG.95c94565675bbe5c1e9b84e18dcd1a63.JPG

Brake cylinder is dry, so there is no hurry, the container allows me to stay calm.

Ciao Marco

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...