Plate for body number?

Prior to a re-paint I have just removed a small alluminium plate (80mm x 10mm with rounded ends) from under the bonnet close to the master cylinders.

The vin/chassis number for my car is CTC54900

The engine number is CT54944HE

The number on this plate is C 55619

I understand that the number may be a body number and will be different to the numbers quoted above, However, all the literature that I have consulted suggests that it should probably be 55619 CT. The plate is well worn and I want to get a replacement made so I am keen to get it right.

Can anyone suggest why I might have a plate with a different configuration to the norm and should I change it so that the new one has the same numbers but with CT printed after the digits?

Many thanks

Bob

Hi Bob

.....if not then TRGB recently stamped a plate for me and arrived promptly and correctly made. Personally Id retain that plate and not change it as it will add originality and patina to your car EVEN if the T went missing ..however choice is yours! TRGB 01487 842168

Kevin

Thanks for this chaps but it's not the making of the plate that concerns me - it's the configuration of the numbers and letters. It seems strange that others seem to be stamped with CT at the end of a series of numbers but mine starts with C followed by a gap and then the numbers.

Bob

Bob, my car (owned since 1970) has its original body number plate, reading 73272 CT. However, the Heritage Certificate I obtained back in 1986 only gave 73272. However, the commission and engine numbers given were complete will all suffixes and prefixes.

Tim