V8 exhaust centre H pipe section wanted

Guest john-egerton

Guest john-egerton

Does anyone in the UK have a s/steel center "H" section (without the 2 center boxes) they dont want anymore? I'm on a Rimmers 4 box system at the minute... but would like to try out the system with just the 2 back boxes for a while.

John

Can't help you, I'm afraid John. But you have just got to do it. The noise is spine-tingling. In fact just thinking about it is making me want to dig the snow out from in front of the garage and go for a blast :P

Oh well, the forecast for tomorrow is better, I can wait (just!)

Mike

Guest john-egerton

Rimmers will do one, delivered for around £55. Definitely going to go for it. My engine has a nice roar on the throttle but is strangely quiet at all other times. Many might see that as an advantage.... but the hooligan in me says no :lol:

John

The loud twin system does sound great, but I recon it could be a pain for long distance touring with the roof down. I'm actually thinking of replacing my centre silencers (got a set with the car) :blink:

Malcolm.

Guest john-egerton
The loud twin system does sound great, but I recon it could be a pain for long distance touring with the roof down. I'm actually thinking of replacing my centre silencers (got a set with the car) :blink:

Malcolm.

Mmmm.. mines a tin top as you know... so maybe not too much of a problem? For 50 quid I cant go wrong anyway - I'll keep the boxes & swop them back in if its too much of a riot.

So... are you flogging your centre H pipe then? ;)

John

Guest john-egerton

Was just about to order..... but I cant be sure what brand of exhaust I have.

Its a 4 box s/steel item. The 2 rear silencers each have a sticker on them about 2" X 4" which are worn off. The previous owner has receipts for everything... except this! :rolleyes: He originally fitted a single exit system & Janspeed mild steel tubular manifolds with a receipt from Ripspeed.... but I believe he bought this dual exhaust system later.

Probably a Rimmers system? In the 2" thick file, the main supplier of all the parts he bought was Rimmers, so going on that, I may have to take a chance.

Are there any specific identifiers to a Rimmers system?

John

• 2 weeks later...

Malcolm.

Malc, mine has the centre H section with only rear boxes. Yes at low speeds & especialy starting in the morning at 05:30 to go to work it is noisy but at speed in the cruise 70MPH officer you just don't notice & things like wind noise become the loudest noise you hear. The exhaust just becomes a burble. On the dyno at full chat though it's absolutely amazing!