Discs with Mintex Pads

I've found drilled solid discs from Revington (the Aussie ones) along with Hawk HPS pads and standard calipers to be very good for road and track day use.

The brake scoops from Ractorations aid cooling but they are not shown on the website (you might have to ask - they cover the caliper, incorporate a scoop and turn with the wheel).

I wasn't impressed with EBC pads, and Mintex 1144 do not work from cold, that 0.5 - 1 second before reaching temperature covers quite a few metres.

Jerry

Mintex 1144 do not work from cold, that 0.5 - 1 second before reaching temperature covers quite a few metres."

As long as you've got 2 feet the left one does a nice job of warming the pads in the first 50 metres as you drive, after all we are supposed to be used to track work.

Mick Richards

Just been for a run with my Mintex pads. Stopping seems pretty good from the get go.