Just had a chat with Lincoln Showground regarding their on site catering facilities. Apparently they have not been requested this year so no cafe /restaurant services.

Ive tried to contact the tr office but they must be North bound.

Id like to know what type of food is going to be available from the mobile venders.

Mark.

Agreed, as long as they serve in the evenings as well as daytime..

Conrad.

Good work Mark.

Hi All , the Showground is indeed not providing catering, the members told us they wanted something different.

This year we have external caterers, provided by Pistons in the Park, some with local food so there should be plenty of refreshments for you all.

Enquiries on the show are best directed to the TR Register rather than the Showground but please appreciate that the team are now on site setting up.

Wayne

Thanks for the update.

Does the outside caterers mean burger vans and the like or is it something different? I've just seen on the Pistons in the Park site that no BBQ's or glass bottles are allowed. I assume camping stoves are ok and gas BBQ's? . Are we as TR Register under the same rules.

Phil

Thanks Wayne,

I contacted the Showground as I couldn’t find a menu for the cafe/restaurant on their website.Only doing this so I could make a decision as to whether or not I cater for myself or eat out.

Hope I haven’t offended or upset anyone.

Mark

I'm bringing my own water...5 litres per day in this heat.....

Peter

Is that for you or the car Peter

Here is the Programme: https://www.tr-register.co.uk/uploads/2018/06/22/Programme-PitP.pdf

From Page 12:

"2. Barbecues and dedicated fire pits can be used PROVIDING they are on legs and not on the grass. Disposable barbecues are strictly forbidden due to the fire risk and site security will immediately confiscate any found and extinguish them.

3. Small gas/gas stoves are fine providing they are not on the ground, but large propane cylinders are not allowed.

4. No LPG or Gas Barbecues allowed on site."

Is that for you or the car Peter

Sadly, Chris, the water injection is still only part-built. But a gallon would probaly be OK for severl hundred miles' driving, mostly off-boost. Peter

Just a thought, Im not coming this year but outside vendors ( read burger vans) generally do not cater for food allergies due to cross contamination. Is this something that has been considered or will it in future as it will definitely effect any decision I make in the future. Luckily I can eat anything but my wife has to be extremely careful .

Edited by scotty