TR4 ACCELERATOR PEDAL ADJUSTER

Hi everyone. Just discovered that there doesn't appear to be info in the TR4 Workshop Manual on how to adjust the accelerator pedal screw. It is referred to in the Manual - P1.306, Fig 11, Items 23 & 24. However, nothing as to the correct setting. The excess thread sticks out rather a long way from the scuttle panel. See pics attached. Does anyone have a starter figure?

Best wishes Willie.

post-12067-0-94174300-1529998561_thumb.jpg

post-12067-0-84768200-1529998579_thumb.jpg

It must be there to prevent too much foot pressure from damaging the cable or carb linkages.

I would adjust it so that you can just achieve wide open butterflies with pedal fully down onto the screw.

Bob.

Hi Willie,

your pic showing the threaded end of the stop also shows a couple of cable loom body clips without any rubber sleeving.

Given time the clips could cut into the loom and have interesting results.

Roger

Thanks Bob, I'll need to enlist my partner Pauline to assist. I was hoping there was a way of setting it up just per the pic, like maybe via amount [or lack] of loose pedal travel.

Roger - I'll follow that one up. THANKS!

Best wishes Willie

Bob, just completed the adjustment and thought I'd show before and after air valve shots! Bit of a difference! Rear carb selected as clearest shots, but same for front

Best wishes and thanks once again. Willie

post-12067-0-74838600-1530106154_thumb.jpg

post-12067-0-46005700-1530106169_thumb.jpg

post-12067-0-09846000-1530106187_thumb.jpg