Everseal Washers

I understand these are fibre washers, and have googled them, but to no avail.

What are they made from, how thick and confirming they go between the spire nut and the metal (on the front wing)?

I'd have thought that they would be in the front wing fitting kit that I just got from Moss, but alas, no..... :angry:

Yes flat fibre washers. Heritage used to supply them once as they were used on TR6 new shells. I guess they have stoped doing them as they do not build TR 6 shells now

Peter W

Thanks Ed and Pete.

I've done some more digging, the original TR6 parts catalogue catalogue says Washer, Everseal part #619587. This doesn't correspond to anything I can find in the original Triumph hardware (nut and bolt) catalogue.

However the Triumph catalogue elsewhere does state Fibre washers, WF05xx. These appear to be used in the engine area (eg the RHS drain plug) corresponding to GHF346 in the moss Cat which is different to the Moss # 626716 that is the part number for their Everseal washers.

If I can get dimensions, I might buy some fibre and with a couple of punches just make them.

Edited by stallie

The #626716 is also the part number at TRF and Rimmers.

The washers from TRF are a fairly soft, pliable fiber material, nominal 1" OD, 1/4" ID, 1/16" thick. Actual measurements: 0.993" x 0.23" X 0.067".

Ed

Thanks Ed.

And I've just put one and one together and realised that you are the owner of the bull fire tr6 site. Nice work and I have used it as a reference for a few things over the last year or two. Many thanks.

Dan