Classic Break down cover

Can any one recommend a good classic car breakdown company, or are the usual one ok. Just got the TR6 back on the road after a three year build and thought it best to get some cover in place before Lincoln next week.

Good idea as the PI TRs and those with IRS are not the most reliable of the models.

Breakdown insurance is an optional extra with the TR Register's Insurance scheme - see TR Action.

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc

Good idea as the PI TRs and those with IRS are not the most reliable of the models.

Breakdown insurance is an optional extra with the TR Register's Insurance scheme - see TR Action.

Ian Cornish

All depends on how they were built and set up B)

If you contact the RAC for a quote its well worth arguing that you can better the price elsewhere.

My cover for this year was £85, both wife and self covered either as a driver or passenger in any car of any age and recovery to home or choice of venue. They even threw in an extra 3 months cover( i.e.total of 15 months) for free.

Long gone are the days when the likes of he AA and RAC were mutual organisations, they are now owned by Financial institutions so treat them as such.

Hi John,

if you go for the insurance company cover then remember to ALWAYS have all the document information to hand as there have been a number of annoyances

where the operator states that you are not insured.

DerekH has mentioned this a few times.

Roger

I just switched to Greenflag on recomnendation of a friend.

Bonus....For new sign up they will beat any quote from RAC AA

Edited by MikeF

I just switched to Greenflag on recomnendation of a friend.

Bonus....For new sign up they will beat any quote from RAC AA

Yes...but bearing in mind the thread title which Classic UNDER 16 years of age have you covered with them ? Because their cover is limited to cars under 16 years old.

Mck Richards