Forum software update now live Read more... ×
iani

Additional throttle return spring recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a suitable spring to use as an additional throttle return spring? My idle is still creeping up when the car is hot and I want to see if I can assist the throttle in closing more effectively.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I would be surprised if no one on the forum, with a CP car has not come across this problem,

If no one can help,Malcolm Jones @ Prestige Injection,or Neil Ferguson on this forum will give good advice.

Regards,

Malcolm.

Mer!in Motorspor sell these https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/throttle-return-spring-trs-s?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ShoppingUK&utm_campaign=ShoppingUK&vat=on&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9MG-gNzg2wIVR5UbCh2vGgEtEAkYBCABEgKe4fD_BwE

I have three,one on each throttle lever, to clips on adjacent cylinder head studs.

But the problem is more likely to be that the butterflies we'd adjusting on the spindles. I had to adjust mine minutely until they gripped a 1.5 thou feeler top and bottom, before the fast idle went away.

John

Be carefull not to apply too much extra load on the spindles, this will accelerate wear.

Waldi