Engine Mountings

Hi,

I have just put my engine back in the TR4a on to two new rectangular engine mounting blocks and notice that one of my circular air filters is resting on the inner wing.

This was not the case before I removed the engine!

What have I done?

I recall mention of a recommendation to use mounting blocks from a Land Rover.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks d2

Firstly are the new mounts as thick as the old mounts ? If they are then the density of the mount is obviously less allowing it to collapse and the engine to sink lower and ancillaries to contact the wing.

I seem to remember it was Stuart who mentioned using Land Rover mounts ( but can't remember which model) why not do what everybody should do I the first instance, use the search box. I suggest engine mounts will give you quite a number of threads and then a little reading should identify the stiffer mountings required.

Tom's idea of a spacer will undoubtedly help but if the mountings are less dense they may compress even more in use and still allow the ancillaries to contact bodywork.

PS: Despite a worthy idea of helping all users of the forum to first research the search box it seems to raise a little ire when I suggest it so I've checked it for you. Dozens of threads about it, this one may help you quickly.

PS - here is the link www.johnrichardssurplus.co.uk Part # NRC2054. The only issue is that the stud diameter is 8mm So the hole may need adjusting.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

yes, the LR mounts are what we use on most cars here.

you can get them in 2 sizes depth wise

Hi Guts,

Thanks for the replies.

The engine mounts were bought from Moss and appeared to be the same as the ones replaced.

I did try a search but obviously input incorrectly as nothing found.

I will look at the LR mounts mentioned.

Regards

d2

The easiest way to search forum is to enter

TR register forum engine mounts

(or whatever) into Google homepage. This will give you entries from all our forums. Most relevant first and dated. Other search engines are available.

Mike