Alec. I thought this would be the right place.

"What do you mean its my round!"

RIP Alec, see you on the other side mate

Stuart.

"Heavens to mergatroid, if that MG is lapping faster than the Triumph, the TR driver is going to get this brolly where the sun don't shine when I catch hold of him".

It's a lovely photo Tom. Humour is the best defense. Remember the happy times.

RIP Alec.

Darren

My condolences to Alec's family and larger TR family. I only had the pleasure of reading his posts which were always entertaining.

I suspect there is a Mr Joseph Lucas who is keeping his head down at the moment as he is probably going to be getting a bollocking very soon about his electrical system.

Simon

Condolences to the Pringles clan,

I only met Alec and Diane once, eating cakes in Dorset on the RBRR. I always admired his forthright opinions, whether obviously correct or debatable!

He helped me out with a NOS AP racing "grey" clutch cover - made for Group 4 Rally cars - still looking forward to see if the stirring concrete analogy is appropriate

RIP Alec , the TR community is poorer without you

" Did they say its lapping 10mph faster with Broquet pellets in the fuel tank ? Bo****ks. They'll be saying my hair's rougher than a badger's arse next."

All the best Tom.

Peter

Badfrog and a Badger's arse :lol:

post-5484-0-42911600-1529199376_thumb.png

Thanks for everyone's comments, to make light of the situation, this is a photo of the old man, taken at Spa sept 2017. His hair growing dispite mass chemo. He insisted on going again, there was friends he had to see!

I most remember him on this trip recounting Chevron testing at 170mph, in the 70's(60's?), while avoiding children running across the track from a farmhouse. Thankfully the circuit isn't quite that dangerous now-a-days, though much shorter.

He's still achieved so much for people since then, but this was our last trip away together.

RIP Dad

Oh back to making light of the situation. Feel free to caption the daft photo!

attachicon.gifIMG-20180615-WA0007.jpg

Tom Pringle

Can't remember if it was on his way, from or back, from Spa, but we spent (Diane, Karine -my own missus-, Alec and me) a nice evening meal in a restaurant in Valenciennes, the closest town to my home. It wasn't the first (far from this) time we met, neither the last, but it was one of the very nice moment we spent together.

As write in the "member area" (I hate this), I bet he is chatting with my soul mate Badfrog now.

Edited by Chris59

I only met Alec a few times but like many have benefited from his huge knowledge and uncompromising style.

He will be very much missed and the Register is poorer for his passing.

My thoughts are with you, Diane and your family.

Jerry

Picture caption:

Alec. "Hey Tom"

Tom. "Yes Dad"

Alec. "You recommended this Alpecin German engineering for your hair stuff".

Tom, " Yeeeees!

Alec, " Well it's just too damn much, as always the Germans have gone over the top,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, too much power"

Rest easy my friend!

Rod

Just got back from working away to find out this very sad news but also relieved in away as illness in anyway did not suite the man.

Had some great late night "chats" on a varied selection of campsites over the years.......... I think the only bit of me that isn't sorry is my liver......

Love to Diane & Tom and there's still plenty of room in "Peerless Towers" at the IWE if you fancy a natter.

Caption: "f**k me Tom, they even race MG's with open back driving gloves"

I am thankful to have all your support over the last 2 years, it meant a lot to both of us.

I received a beautiful perfumed array of flowers from the Register so I rang the office to thank them yesterday.

They have arranged a room where we can share memories of Alec at Lincoln, photos and written anecdotes will be appreciated.

There will be a memorial moment for him around 3pm on Saturday - please look in program or check at the Register desk.

We are not having a formal funeral this week for several reasons - our granddaughter is due next week so I do not wish Tom & Lou to do 300 mile trip. I have had surgery recently and am very sore. Something I have hinted at during Alec's saga but rather kept to myself has had to be done. So please HUG ME GENTLY at Lincoln !

And as local support has been amazing I want to be able to spend time arranging a memorial for him here at a time better suited. Obviously you will be welcome here too - please let me know at Lincoln or message me if you wish to come.

I will be adding a Charity Just Giving for donations asap

However Alec's private Cremation is early on Friday morning - I shall follow him there in his Jag - so please raise a glass, cheer, say a prayer, take a photo of something special, anything that feels right for you.

Edited by V8 Lady

Here's a photo of Alec taken inside West Kennet Long Barrow in Wiltshire in May 2015. Posted here to give the many online and over-the-phone friends who'd not had the pleasure of spending time in person with Alec a glimpse of the man. Click on photo to enlarge.

i-v6Zss3d-X3.jpg

Badfrog and a Badger's arse :lol:

Lady Anne in the background, with the first version of her short screen :wub:

I bumped in to Julian Richards (of TRarchaeology fame) at the Wilton Wake-up Breakfast meeting today. He had made his own tribute to Alec posted on the windscreen of his TR3a. (I thought my TR had patina untill I saw Julian's a couple of years ago!).

post-13503-0-71121700-1529866514_thumb.jpg post-13503-0-08589800-1529866545_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the poor photograph. It reads:

"Alec Pringle 1951-2018

In fond memory of Alec Pringle - a TR man through and through who over the years helped and guided TR owners around the world

Rest in Peace Alec"

He told me that YLJ 528 followed the cortege on Friday.

Julian will be there with Jeff, who's a recent TR6 owner (a nice one, too!) and is the mechanic who's done a lot of work on the Pringle Pennant, Diane's TR4 restoration, and other cars in the family fleet. (Jeff and his mates have done much of the work on Julian's Mallock clubman, too.)