Alec. I thought this would be the right place.

Some of our regular and-not-so regular members of the forum may not be aware of the sad news that Alec Pringle passed away last night. I was asked by one of the overseas members to post here, to give everybody who benifited from Alec's wisdom and enjoyed the humour, insight and common sense of his postings the opportunity to share their condolences with Alec's family and friends.

Can I also personally send our own condolences to you Diane and Tom. You did him proud and gave him that extra strength he needed.

There are a couple of more members who I think should also be in our thoughts. Jean (don't know surname) and Paul Harvey. Get well soon the both of you.

Dave and Eve.

Edited by nowtelse2do

As I read this, I felt myself physically droop in the chair.

Such a shame.

Only conversed with Alec a couple of times, but what a fine, enlightened, straight talking chap.

He will be sorely missed by all the forumites I'm sure.

Best wishes to the family.

I'm lost for words...Alec was and remains engrained in my experience within and outside of this forum.

I had pleasure of dropping in whilst back in the UK a number of years ago with he and Diane welcomed us with open arms during a difficult time in my life.

You'll be sorely missed Alec..

All our thoughts from across the world..

Andrew

I am so sorry to hear the news about Alec, in my book he was a great bloke , and a spade was a spade,

We will all miss his Knowledge and Banter most dearly.

My Heartfelt condolences to Diane and Tom, what a battle that you all fought.

All the best,

Conrad.

That is sad news indeed. Although not unexpected it is still a blow,For us of course but especially for His family.My condolences. I never met him but always enjoyed his robust contributions. We did speak a couple of times especially about magic pellets and he was as knowlegable and forthright there as on everything thing else. Cheers Alec.

Alec was a man who had strong opinions, a wicked sense of humour, and a strong ethical standpoint. We crossed swords on many occasions and anyone that had the dubious pleasure of the wit will never forget him.

One night I spent with himself and Diane and his pussycat Tyson, we (Alec and I) talked till the wee sma" hours over copious wine and Scotch. Diane just went to bed muttering. The following morning I seem to remember Diane just shaking her head, chuckling and I don't think there was much sympathy for the very thick haeds in her manner that morning. I still had 400 miles with a trailer, and Alec had insisted we hide the trailer overnight, curses trying to extract it while under the influence.In hindsight a man with a plan! Can I out drink the Scots laddie?

Once met never forgotten.

Goodbye old friend and my sincere condolences to Diane and Tom.

Best regards

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

I met Alec only a couple of times, but what a guy, pleasant, knowledgeable and always willing to offer advice.

This forum (and indeed the world) will be a much poorer place without his insight, wisdom and humour.

Very best wishes and condolences to Diane and Tom.

When Alec makes his final journey, lets hope we the TR enthusiasts, can do him proud.......

This is indeed a sad day.

Rest in peace Alec.

Regards

Simon & Lita Winter

Some of our regular and-not-so regular members of the forum may not be aware of the sad news that Alec Pringle passed away last night. I was asked by one of the overseas members to post here, to give everybody who benifited from Alec's wisdom and enjoyed the humour, insight and common sense of his postings the opportunity to share their condolences with Alec's family and friends.

Can I also personally send our own condolences to you Diane and Tom. You did him proud and gave him that extra strength he needed.

There are a couple of more members who I think should also be in our thoughts. Jean (don't know surname) and Paul Harvey. Get well soon the both of you.

Dave and Eve.

I was very sorry to hear the news of Alec I had known him for more years than I care to remember albeit on an intermittent basis.

Alec was larger than life and whilst I may not have agreed with his politics meeting him was always entertaining.

My very best wishes Diane and Tom.

Regards

John

Really sad to hear this news, a great guy who always spoke his mind

my condolences to his familly he will be sorely missed on this forum

Graham

My sincere condolences to Alec's family and all his relatives! A true and experienced Triumph enthusiast and expert.

Regards

Alec was one of the most helpful people on the Forum, we never met but he went out of his way several times to solve some of my problems, a true stalwart.

I will miss his cutting humour his straight talking and his tremendous knowledge on most things motoring, Triumphs, the racing scene and much else. Alec did not suffer fools gladly a trait I find most endearing in this age where very few dare to speak their mind.

Sincere condolences to his family, RIP Alec you were a TR great and an irreplaceable loss to the Forum and the world as it is now.

Paul

Alec, a true one off with a vast range of knowledge which he was only to happy to share. He will be sorely missed and this forum will be a poorer place.

Richard

Thanks for everyone's comments, to make light of the situation, this is a photo of the old man, taken at Spa sept 2017. His hair growing dispite mass chemo. He insisted on going again, there was friends he had to see!

I most remember him on this trip recounting Chevron testing at 170mph, in the 70's(60's?), while avoiding children running across the track from a farmhouse. Thankfully the circuit isn't quite that dangerous now-a-days, though much shorter.

He's still achieved so much for people since then, but this was our last trip away together.

RIP Dad

Oh back to making light of the situation. Feel free to caption the daft photo!

post-660-0-67152500-1529093734_thumb.jpg

Tom Pringle

Edited by tr7v8

Heck Tom

That's a hell of of a photo to suggest a caption for !

.........I'll have to think awhile.........

meantime ....thinking of you all

Ben

" Did they say its lapping 10mph faster with Broquet pellets in the fuel tank ? Bo****ks. They'll be saying my hair's rougher than a badger's arse next."

All the best Tom.

Peter

Looking at the photo and the first thing that popped into my mind was ....Einstein!???? and.....

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination (a TR) will take you everywhere

Condolences and all the best to the family.

Dave

So when did you start using the same Barber as President Trump and Kim Jong Un

"Rock on Tommy"

Edited by potts4a