Hi.

I case you do not know, we suddenly have these in SA and it looks like they are UK as well.

https://www.deagostini.com/uk/collections/dinky-toys-collection/

Dirk

Unfortunately they are only in the blue as far as I found out.

But it is nice that the first issue is the TR2!

I am sure they won't be too hard to find globally as they are likely to be more common than the original.

I found some youtube reviews of these cars if you want to see about the quality and so on.

It looks good I think as there is a few bits of extra info on the originals too.

Dirk

Edited by irrational

In the UK, the first edition of this series was sold at a bargain £2.99, so a great many of us purchased the pack, which contained the boxed TR2 together with a surprisingly informative booklet/magazine. On the back of the pack it states that the normal price would be £11.99.

I believe Bill Piggott has an original Dinky TR2, and he pronounced himself very happy with this reproduction, with its Dinky cardboard box and the magazine.

I'm happy, too, and I purchased a second for my son & grandson.

Ian Cornish

I bought one of those from WH Smiths. I'm thinking of changing the blue colour to seven shades of red to match my car????. Unfortunately I can't alter the panel fit as well to make it even more realistic.????

(I have it on good authority (Stuart) that our panels are divorced.......