• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oily2347

oily2347
  • 2 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR6

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

Hello all

Can anybody recommend a company that does exchange TR6 gearboxes (and perhaps J-type overdrives as well)? There don't seem to be any adverts for such services in the latest issue of TRaction. If possible, I would bring my existing box (tired but not actually broken) 'down south' to Lincoln for the International and do the exchange while at the show or in the area. The overdrive seems OK but it might make sense (cost permitting) to exchange that too while the heavy metal is out of the car.

Thanks

Mike.

#2 TR NIALL

TR NIALL

Niall Callery

• TR Register Members
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

You might be better talking to Mike Papworth in Coventry or Overdrive Repair Services both will be at Lincoln.

#3 Rex Wyer

Rex Wyer
  • TR Register Members
  • 845 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR,s sailing, golf

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Hi Mike, I spoke to ORS last year about a replacement TR6 gearbox and overdrive. At the time I think they wanted £ 1800-00 for a reconditioned box complete but would take the old one in exchange but still wanted about £ 1000-00 plus the old box.

Speak to ORS they are very helpful as I don't know if prices have gone up since then.

Rex

TR6 CF37700U in restoration

TR6 CC84028U in restoration
Nottingham

#4 stuart

stuart
  • TR Register Members
  • 18,764 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR Restoration,. Owner of Watermill Carriage Co Ltd restorers of 50s and 60s British sports cars, especially TRs.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

TR Shop will be there and they do boxes as well on outright buy and exchange as well.

Stuart.

TR4A Royal blue TR5 White  Volvo V70 D5 twin turbo
Plus whatever TR is in workshop for restoration.

#5 oily2347

oily2347
  • 2 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR6

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

Thanks guys - your help is much appreciated.

I have now had a useful conversation with Peter from ORS and will be agreeing with him before Lincoln as to what we swap etc.

Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users