I have just finished stripping all the underseal from the body and most of the chassis from my 5 and came across a small metal plate in the rear nearside wheelarch with a 5 figure number on it, there is not one on the offside, and also a letter/number stamped on the front chassis cross member.

Does anybody know what these are, please?

Many thanks,

Tim

post-14286-0-89719100-1528570966_thumb.jpg

post-14286-0-92355800-1528570955_thumb.jpg

Well done Tim. Ns rear is often missing.....not sure about the other one..

Send the info to Roger Ferris, if he already knows your car I will just confirm it's originality.

Cheers,

Conrad.

I have just finished stripping all the underseal from the body and most of the chassis from my 5 and came across a small metal plate in the rear nearside wheelarch with a 5 figure number on it, there is not one on the offside, and also a letter/number stamped on the front chassis cross member.

Does anybody know what these are, please?

Many thanks,

Tim

attachicon.gifIMG_1972s.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1973s.JPG

Would assume that's the body number..does it match a number in the engine bay/bulkhead? And is that plate folded then spot welded ? Unusual.

The one on the chassis is the series number from Rubery Owen who made them and the other is a body number (Different to "Body in white")though unfortunately there are no records of them.

Stuart.

Many thanks all.

Tim