another auction -no reserve

updated description has appeared... not sure they should be "making the car run" though ..

"In single ownership for almost fifty years with just one owner prior from new, this UK supplied matching numbers example is, in our opinion, probably the best basis for a TR5 restoration available. In storage since the early '00s, the engine turns and attempts will be made by our technicians to make the car run. Viewing of this entry is highly recommended. V5 to be applied for. The last owner is, at present, searching for the original buff log book and associated paperwork. Our website will be updated in due course"

Wrong grille BTW.

Are we laying bets as to what it makes? I suspect it will manage serious money as unrestored cars dont appear very often now and it has a Surrey too.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Are we laying bets as to what it makes? I suspect it will manage serious money as unrestored cars dont appear very often now and it has a Surrey too.

Stuart.

It also appears to have pretty well all the correct parts [steering wheel in boot, for example] & detail:-.... chrome strip and black below doors, painted beads, wheel trims etc etc...Jolly good shut lines too ??

Okay, non overdrive [from new it, seems].

Edited by mehere

It also appears to have pretty well all the correct parts [steering wheel in boot, for example] & detail:-.... chrome strip and black below doors, painted beads, wheel trims etc etc...

Okay, non overdrive [from new it, seems].

Non overdrive cars arent that unusual, I think Dave IOW `s car wasnt either originally.and possibly Jeff from Moss`s one as well

Stuart.

Very similar condition to the one I purchased Stuart.

Will be very interested to see what it goes for.

Tim

Description has been updated...

"In single ownership since the early 1970's with just one owner showing prior from new. This is a UK supplied matching numbers example which is, in our opinion, probably the best basis for a TR5 restoration available. In it's original Wedgwood blue and black trim, it retains the Surrey top and rare Rostyle trims. Stored since early 2000, the engine turns freely and has been running with good oil pressure. Viewing of this entry is highly recommended. The old style V5 is now present along with a poor quality copy of the original buff log book, several MoT's dating from the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's until the early 2000's. Mileage recorded at 46,060."

It's got the wrong inlet manifold

Yes, a later CR TR6 one - but that's a lovely TR5 in my view and, subject to a sound chassis, I wouldn't want to do too much to it other than preserve it's condition.

Wonder what'll make - £30+K?

Cheers

Andrew

More "armchair" warriors Smiffy ????

It has got a 4A grille fitted (back in the 80's apparently) TR6 CR Throttle bodies and shock horror a "Bosch" pump, oh dear not original either! However it is an original matching numbers 2 owner UK RHD car that is remarkably solid....could actually be re-commissioned or totally restored....oh it does run with good oil pressure as well...but what do I Know ????

Graham, I'm really not sure of your motive on this car, it looks like, with your previous comments, you're trying to put everyone off so you can buy it....??? I've inspected this car today several times for several different people...it could be recommissioned fairly easily and used as is, or my preference would be to take it totally apart and get it rebuilt properly from scratch....it doesn't need any panels, the chassis looks really good, the inner tub looks great, it's body colour under the carpets, it's got the original engine, chassis plate, body number, steering wheel, seats, surrey Top, old MOT's going back to 1977, original handbook, only 2 owners from 1968...and it runs! My gut feeling is it'll end up at £35k to a private bidder who can do some of the work themselves...but like I said what do I know ????

Marko

No motive , just a slightly different view , and as you say could go back on the road with a bit of DIY , however my view is the same as your statement and preference to take it apart and get it rebuilt Properly .May bid may not will definetly be there though

Graham