Non standard seat ID

When I acquired my original 72 CP it had been fitted with the later 73 high backed seats - all in leather. The "original" seats that they replaced have been sitting forgotten about in a garage loft for 15 years.

I got them down today thinking a) they'd be original low backed style and b ) I could consolidate bits on a restoration of my recently acquired project CP.

However, they are something else again, and I'm wondering if anyone can ID them or from what car they may have come - or are they just an aftermarket "off the shelf". Pic attached. They are a bucket type and there is a metal bar alongside the side of the hips. Cheers. Dan
post-6388-0-18520600-1528376381_thumb.jpg

Edited by stallie

Hi Dan, at an (un)educated guess, I would say these seats are aftermarket seats, perhaps Cobra, Corbeau, Recaro, or possibly an Australian equivalent. They are the right 'period' for your '6', but almost certainly not made by Triumph!

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Paul.