Photo

Non standard seat ID

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stallie

stallie
  • 360 posts
  • Cars Owned::72 CP TR6 and a 71 CP TR6 restoration...

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

When I acquired my original 72 CP it had been fitted with the later 73 high backed seats - all in leather. The "original" seats that they replaced have been sitting forgotten about in a garage loft for 15 years.

I got them down today thinking a) they'd be original low backed style and b ) I could consolidate bits on a restoration of my recently acquired project CP.

However, they are something else again, and I'm wondering if anyone can ID them or from what car they may have come - or are they just an aftermarket "off the shelf". Pic attached. They are a bucket type and there is a metal bar alongside the side of the hips. Cheers. Dan
Attached File  post-6388-0-20201400-1528376123.jpg   158.94KB   3 downloads

Edited by stallie, 07 June 2018 - 02:16 PM.

"If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise."     William Blake

#2 TR Paul

TR Paul
  • TR Register Members
  • 121 posts
  • Cars Owned::1970 TR6 pi 1957 Austin A35

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

Hi Dan, at an (un)educated guess, I would say these seats are aftermarket seats, perhaps Cobra, Corbeau, Recaro, or possibly an Australian equivalent. They are the right 'period' for your '6', but almost certainly not made by Triumph!

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Paul.

#3 AarhusTr6

AarhusTr6
  • 308 posts
  • Cars Owned::1971 TR6 (LHD US Spec), British guy living in Denmark and in his second year of TR ownership. Car running and loving it!

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

Maybe leftover from a Mel Gibson Mad Max movie set... :-)

Happy Tr6'ing

Come see some great classic cars at the Classic Race Aarhus this May.  Cheap Ryanair tickets, very open event, great fun.  http://www.craa.dk/en/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users