New V112 MOT form

I tried to get one of the new forms for 40 year old cars but no Post Office around here has one.

So I rang up the DVLA and asked them to send me one.

Took a week and when it arrived it is the OLD version stating only cars prior to 1960 are exempt.

What was the point of sending me the old version.

Has anyone seen the new version in a Post Office ?

Has 5/18 in bottom right on first page rather than 9/15.

Cannot download as I do not have a printer.

RobG

I might be talking out of my backside, but I'm pretty sure that it no longer exists. Only recently the bonkers DVLA changed their minds yet again and made it automatic that if your car is already registered as Historic, then it will also be MOT exempt. No need to apply. Mike.

Funnily enough I received my V11 yesterday and it does say this vehicle needs an MOT certificate but when I went online to renew it automatically calculates that the vehicle doesn't need an MOT, you just have to tick the declaration box that there's been no modifications to rate it otherwise.

Much relieved as am racing against the clock to have her ready for my first International and adding an MOT to the mix is too stomach churning. Think I would still like the garage to give her an unofficial MOT every year though.

Christine

+1 V11 came yesterday and no current MOT as car is being worked on. It will have MOT when finished, this way I don't have to go SORN and then put tax on later.

Chris

My TR4 has been off the road since 1988 so not even needed SORN.

But V5C still says PLG so I need to get that changed to Historic.

I have read this can only be done at a Post Office.

I may need a new V112 for that, not sure.

I can be MOT exempt but as I have built this car from a box of bits I think a second opinion (MOT) would be a good idea.

I plan to get this road legal asap and see how it drives, n'est pas.

Wow, just seen David Ferry post re £18,950, I must get mine finished.

RobG

Edited by RobG

MOTed the car this afternoon and it passed with no problems (so it should with the amount of money that has been spent on it recently!)

V11 received the other day so just went online to tax it. It shows that it has Historic status but It stated that they will check that it has a valid MOT. Didnt notice a tick box to declare it exempt though.

Confused, but not worried as I will continue to MOT it annually

Cheers

Nigel