Hello Again, tackling the next problem now, tracked my air leak down to the interface between inlet manifold and head, I used Racetorations 'high specification competition gasket' but it is not sealing, I am using standard 4A exhaust manifold and Bastuk Weber inlet manifolds, the only discrepancy is about 50 thou difference between the thickness of the two clamping points, will that affect the clamping? and can I use a gasket cement to assist, as always, many thanks for the help, cheers, Andrew

It wont help, I have the Triumph tune manifolds with an SAH copy exhaust and the discrepancy was considerably more so, I had the TT flanges milled down to suit, some of the manifold gaskets arent that clever either though I have had no problem with the TR Shop grey composite ones fitted with a smear of Copperslip.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

I welded some small packers onto my Phoenix exhaust manifold to bring it up to the same thickness as the inlet one so that the clamps could grip them evenly. I also use copper spray on gasket sealant on the gaskets. Ill see if I can find a link.

https://rover.ebay.co.uk/rover/0/0/99?loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fp%2F1016335549%3Fiid%3D231471126173

Rgds Ian

Edited by Ian Vincent

Have you checked that the manifold is not fouling on the block? A head that has been machined can result in the manifold hit the block and not allowing a seal......

Iain

Hello, it looks like the forum has come up trumps again!! A close examination tonight has shown both inlet manifolds hard up against the exhaust manifold at the cylinder head, probably preventing an air tight seal, I will get the manifolds machined, there is plenty of meat to go at and report back, cheers, Andrew

Hello again, all sorted after filing quite an amount off one of the inlet manifolds, the other only needed a little off, it has cured the air leak, some excellent advice from an old fashioned machinist near me, once bolted down make sure you can get a piece of paper between the two faces, and I can!! Thanks again, Andrew