Fitting a speedo cable without an angle drive on a TR6

Hello, I am trying ti fit the longer speedo cable to my TR6 without using an angle drive. I have removed the angle drive and old speedo cable by using the access plate on the tunnel but am having problems fitting the cable. Do this have to be done from underneath, or does the tunnel need to come out? Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Think I did this from underneath, without removing anything. Unfortunately it was a bigger using a pointed pliers and lots of swearing......took about an hour. Arms will be aching...but better than removing the tunnel IMO.

Mamy, many thanks. I have finally managed to do it. When IO was a teenager I owned a mini. That came in handy as I used my fiddle fingers ( although they are more like sausages these days) and eventually managed it. The trick I used was to get the inner cable in first and then try to get the knurled 'nut' (for the want of a better word) . What a performance, but it is on and working.

Many thanks for all the help I am now soaking my scraped knuckles, its sharp under there.

Andy