Early TR2 front water pipe.

Hi Roger,

Not sure that there is any difference and these are freely available. I bought two from MG Leacy http://www.leacyclassics.com/130039.htmland they were the same as "original" fitted to mine. There is a slight kink roughly 2/3 of the way but a simple thing and not an issue. Mine was very thin but not rotted through so I will just use a the new one painted black.

You the possibility to have one with thermostat switch if you desire it.

BR

Rod

Rod, does someone sell a pipe with the thermo switch attached, or do you mean you can add one yourself? Bought a Revotec fan kit via Rimmers and the thermo switch quit working after about 500 miles. Revotec is not willing to replace switch so looking at other alternatives. Meanwhile, on-off switch under dash works fine. Cheers, Mike

I got mine from the TR shop, (probably the same one as Moss do) only complaint was that the flat surface of the threaded part was not quite flat - a quick file soon sorted that out though.

I use an "Otter switch"(92°) in it, linked via a relay to a Revotech fan (my Revotech controller had also failed)

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/cooling-system/cooling-fan-fittings/fan-switches-53824.html

Bob.

When my second £50+ Kenlowe thermoswitch packed up after 3 years I bought a tube with the boss from Moss two years ago and that was also faced badly and not square with thread. Thread was also rubbish. Gave up and went back to plain tube and top hose sensor, which has never leaked on me in the past, and bought a new adjustable dial thermoswitch for £11. In fact so cheap I bought two. Still on the first one so far touch wood.

Roger,

To be honest Concours leaves me cold and mostly Judges are a bunch of raincoats that would be better suited to a wet afternoon on Brighton beach. There has to be a limit somewhere between sense and sensibility. I wish they would get a life, any life, some life. How is it that the Concours specs come from TSOA? Someone please explain that, second thoughts please don't.

However if Concours is what floats you boat then you have a real task on your hands. Correct dated flasher unit, wiper motor to name but two. Correct screw heads, screw cups and switch bezels. also if you really want to get into precise detail I think you need about 90 "baby " tenax for a full set of weather gear and I've seen them go for £200 for 10 so do the math, £1800 for fasteners? This is when it really gets silly.

WANTED 1950's smoggy air for 1950's tyres, 60 year old oil, water from same period ( no , wonder what the TSOA spec details are for that.

You get my drift, I have had "experts" view my 3A and tell me chapter and verse about correct period number plates etc, etc. but when asked they don't actually own one and much less have never restored anything. I do not enter any competitions but have already won "Best in Show" awards since I put my car back on the road just by being part of the show displays.

In particular the early cars had so many differences and were hardly a mass produced product in the first few months. There is a positive anal fixation about door gaps, wing gaps etc. Too tight and uniform and you will break the paint off. These cars were finished by a brown workcoated perfectionist with a good eye and a 4lb lump hammer. Often this fine tuning of the bodywork is nowadays put down to accident damage when THATS HOW IT LEFT THE FACTORY!

In my world they (ST) got so much wrong that it had to evolve and quickly and improvements were added. Look at the wiper spacing, crap to start and improved with the wider spacing. It's your car so should be your rules unless you are into having people with white gloves check for brake dust on the inside of a wheel.

If you want those absolutely correct reflectors for the early TR2 let me know.

Rant over.

Rod

Edited by Rodbr

Hi Roger,

Sorry but it infuriates me that people feel under pressure to create a masterpiece which is reviewed by anal retentives who by their largess award and then deduct points and rank your car against an uncertain standard.

No intention of insulting you but IMHO the important stuff like finishing a nice car and enjoying it for what it is, gets lost in the detail.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT and sourced NOS parts over the last 10 years or so and finally came to the conclusion that I want to drive my car and not take it by trailer wrapped in moth balls.

If people like my car that's great but if not keep quiet and your stupid comments to your self.

Rod