Rubber seals to refit instruments

Hi Troops - gathering all the parts needed to put the dashtop and dashboard back together again. Got the new switch plinth wedged in, I see the original has a metal back which the new one doesn't but guess it's ok.

I've been hunting in the Rimmer catalogue for new rubber rings for all the instruments to fit back into dashboard and can't find them listed.

Any hints where I can get the full set from? All the instruments were working before removal, will I need anything else for re-fitting?

Many Thanks as always

Christine

I’m pretty sure there was a seller on ebay offerng a kit of seals.

Hi Troops - gathering all the parts needed to put the dashtop and dashboard back together again. Got the new switch plinth wedged in, I see the original has a metal back which the new one doesn't but guess it's ok.

I've been hunting in the Rimmer catalogue for new rubber rings for all the instruments to fit back into dashboard and can't find them listed.

Any hints where I can get the full set from? All the instruments were working before removal, will I need anything else for re-fitting?

Many Thanks as always

Christine

Hi Christine,

if Paddocks don;t do them (see post #4) then give these people a call https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-JAEGER-2-52mm-instrument-to-dash-panel-seals-10/272819549532?hash=item3f854ff55c:g:~rgAAOSwHJhXMi5V They do everythng else.

Roger

Looks as if Danbury have changed their instrument seals. I bought a set of instrument to dash and chrome rim to glass seals a few months ago and they came as lengths of rubber/ neoprene which had to be cut to length and then the ends glued. The images of the seals and their text did not show/ mention this.

Graham

Hi Everyone - thanks so much for advice.

Geko - I did consider changing to led but am keen to keep her as original as poss and rarely drive her in the dark so treated her to a new set of original bulbs instead.

I hadn't heard of Paddocks before so gave him a call, he said he didn't know if the instrument sealing rings (this is their real name, sounds like a child's swimming aid when I say rubber ring!) were specifically for a TR4A but as I've had 2 recommendations here I've taken a chance and ordered them.

Brilliant and Thanks again

Christine