Outer steering column movement HELP

Whilst out for a leisurely drive in my 5 yesterday I lifted the indicator switch (revington stalk set) and the entire outer column turned ! so much so that the indicator wouldn't lock on, I continued my ldrive choosing to not let this small issue spoil what was otherwise an enjoyable journey, by the time I got home it was loose enough that even the wiper switch would twist the outer steering shroud before latching.

I have today reviewed the manual and tighted every possible fixing point of the outer steering shroud, to no avail !!!! can anybody help ?2018-05-28 18-53 1.pdf

Different model, same problem. I found the part 51 halfway down the column. I must have forgotten it last time I did something to the column. Put it back in right place - instantly secure indicator & lights binnacles!

John

Removed the Tacho I believe part 51 is missing, Ill remove the speedo tomo eve and have a proper look, but now have a crook neck and hand cramp from working under there, thanks again for your info Ill keep you posted, time for a glass of vino.

Paul

If you have the Revington conversion it is totally different to the above diagrams , and has a straight outer column and the switches tighten onto the column with a pinch bolt , I used a small counter sunk screw into the column to secure.

Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for your comments the problem is the entire outer column is moving as Roger suggests, the actual Revington component is 100% secure to the column when it twists it turns the entire outer column also.