I am not on the forum a great deal these days - so have I missed something?

I find there is but a single page for the TR5 forum, where have the previous pages gone? How does one access them? What has happened to all the years of shared wisdom and information on all aspects of TR5' as well as many great photos?

I must have missed something or am I getting paranoid in my old age.

Looking elsewhere, I feel the whole forum has lost something, life I think!

The older threads still seem to be there but you have to use the search function to find them.

Seems to be the same across a lot of the different parts of the forum now as well

Stuart.

at the Forum page, you can click on Custom (a tab below the Forum name and page #'s) and select the timeframe for posts you wish to see (up to 1 year or more). So old posts are there. If you want to generally peruse older topics that's the way to go. For specific topics...search function works best

So my post was pulled - thank you.

Roger

I removed it roger, Duncan’s post had nothing to do with atb that you mentioned.

Apologies if you thought otherwise

Keeping the threads on topic is what we are trying to achieve

Looks like Duncan has the reply he was asking for now

To quote Duncan -

"Looking elsewhere, I feel the whole forum has lost something, life I think! "

I think I was nicely on topic.

Roger

At the bar is still here.... in members chat

To quote Duncan -

"Looking elsewhere, I feel the whole forum has lost something, life I think! "

I think I was nicely on topic.

Roger

At the bar is still here.... in members chat

Doesn't that miss the point that members/non members have been making Tom?

Well, what can I say. I joined the club a couple of years ago having moved over from the TSSC. I previously owned Vitesse’s since 1987, but joined when I bought a 6.

I’ve since had the privilege of support/advise/knowledge and expert advice from the likes of Ntc, Alec, Neil Ferguson etc (thanks to all who have assisted!) & yes I can now drive the car. Fantastic!

The forum was a great place, I would regularly check in and very much enjoyed At the Bar. It's removal is clearly a disappointment to many and a loss to the club in my opinion. The reasoning doesn’t stack up. Further to this, it beggars belief that Ntc was banned by the current board of directors. He was one of the most knowledgeable and prolific posters on the good old forum and had absolutely nothing to do with the vile comments made in the TR6 forum, just prior to the removal of Atb.

It’s quite obvious to many regular members that the forum isn’t what it used to be, in fact it’s become quite boring in comparison to what it was. Some members have either left or don’t post and maybe won’t renew their membership. If the club wishes to attract the next generation of enthusiasts then I think it has made a big mistake. If I was only now getting into the Triumph TR scene, then I don’t think I would bother with the TRR. I’m fortunate that I did when I did & now have some very good friends.

You may think you have acted for the good of the club, however, I believe that by the decisions made in the backrooms of a closed shop environment, you have shot yourselves and the club in the foot/head."to preserve the marque" Oh Boys, well done, congratulations!

It’s a damn shame, but I won’t be renewing my membership.

Atb to those that deserve it.

Well things have most certainly changed - I am almost sorry I asked!

Hello Tom, how you doing? I must find time to come see you guys again, all changed in Blidworth too I understand.

Yes, Tom I have the answer to my original question, but surely I should not have had to ask in the first place. It used to be obvious and easy. No one but YankeeTR5 knew the answer, so I suspect as others suggest, the majority will not know of or find the wealth of info available, will give up and not bother to return. Without asking the question how would I have found out? But for a lean period in past two years I have in the past been a regular on the forum but had no idea - maybe a users guide is required not an assumption.

The second part of my innocent post was an observation based on returning to the forum to find and old friend had changed.

The plus and minus of the forum has been debated since day 1 and always will be, but judging purely from what I have read recently the majority are not happy bunnies. The TRR and TRs has never been a refuge for those of a more gentle constitution,( I am avoiding the current term of snowflake) but perhaps in an effort to appease the few seeking a safeplace the pendulum has swung too far. I have never been a supporter of PC speak and I doubt if many of my generation are, its a form of censorship, but neither do I support the unnecessary vitriol that appears to becoming the norm on social media these days ( cowards hiding behind their mobile screens) and there is no excuse to verbally attack others on these pages. I never saw what caused the removal of post and members, but I am sure it was the right thing to do. It worries me that we have a new breed of TR owner who is far removed from the "salt of the earth" types who have been TR owners for decades.

Tom you and the others have a tough job, and you will blamed for all, but remember the role is Moderator , the clue is in the name "Moderate".

Thanks YankeeTR5 for the answer, sorry to the rest of you for inadvertently stirring up a bees nest and Tom and other moderators, my apologies in advance as I will not be told what I can and cannot say. That right I believe is what this country stands for. :)