CLEAR HOOTERS Wiper Switch Anyone? - DESPERATE

Dear All,

After 6 months of trying to fettle my wipers on the TR5, I have hit a brick wall. I have two original switches, but neither work. I have a £54.00 Lucas switch... not really satisfactory in any sense of the word. I even ground out the metal dashboard to fit it... Wish I hadn't!

Does anyone have an original Clear Hooters wiper switch that works for the TR5 please?

Desperate from Shropshire...

Dave.

Hi Dave

I had problems with mine last year - sprayed a decent amount of electrical switch cleaner into the switch and moved it back and forth many times... and repeated.

So far so good - it’s lasted to date without recurrence. However, now I’ve said that!

Cheers

Ian

Like hen's teeth are Clear Hooters wiper switches. I've been searching for a while.

At the moment I'm using a headlight switch, which gives me the two speed wiper function. Here's one on Ebay that looks the same as I have ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-GT6-TR6-CLEAR-HOOTERS-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-SWITCH-RARE/192445450874?epid=6014267105&hash=item2ccea48a7a:g:8pMAAOSwWMhadKRy

It's not ideal, but the one I have works, although every year it confuses my MOT tester.

Hope it helps Dave.

Cheers, Darren

Edited by TR5tar

Hi Ian,

I hope all is well over in Yorshire. Have you got the motor running on Pontefract Cakes yet? I believe that's what Elun Musk used to send his Tesla to Mars! Done the switch cleaner thing to the extreme.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for that tip. I've bought the switch you mentioned and let's see what happens. Thanks for your input.

Surely someone has got to make some of these soon.

Dave.

Hi Dave I have a few here - collected over the years, Drop me a PM

• 2 years later...
On 5/23/2018 at 6:35 PM, Dave Ashworth said:

Dear All,

After 6 months of trying to fettle my wipers on the TR5, I have hit a brick wall. I have two original switches, but neither work. I have a £54.00 Lucas switch... not really satisfactory in any sense of the word. I even ground out the metal dashboard to fit it... Wish I hadn't!

Does anyone have an original Clear Hooters wiper switch that works for the TR5 please?

Desperate from Shropshire...

Dave.

I thought it was the little metal plate screwed to the back of the wooden dash that was filed out not the steel dash panel.

We used to sell em 621827 was their no but probably dead now.  Was used on TR250/5/6 models

Peter W