My wife is driving me nuts

Translation of the German description:

Very nice TR3 in the early \ "small mouth \" execution. A true classic. Original left-hand drive since Canada export version. Pure summer vehicle with good hood. The side sockets are still the first and no longer useful. Racing Green / black interior. With original overdrive manual transmission. The car was expertly restored many years ago by the predispositioner and kept up to date. Here, a more precise rack and pinion steering and an electric fan were mounted. that is model typical. He left the car for reasons of age. No damage to your condition. The front bumper is missing and costs about 600 €. Condition 3, (Classic Data Specification) so ready to use with signs of use / patina and solid underbody / substance, honest car with obvious signs of wear. Current location is still Victoria, BC Canada! The car can also be visited there and test driven. For the import to Germany still transport, import turnover tax and H-expert opinion are added. My longtime friend in Canada is German and absolutely integer. More photos via e-mail / hyperlink possible. This is a private sale, I am not interested in any other business! I speak english, international shipping possible.

Bob.
Edited by Lebro

I was trying to change this into a ring tone, when I took my headphones off the wife overheard it...the bruises are starting to fade now.

https://youtu.be/5rtYwSt4bgI

Mick Richards

Sending from BC to Europe shouldn't be that bad, goes on the ship in Vancouver. Most expensive is the road transport to the port, not the shipping. BC has a wet ( European) climate, so cars do rust. 13000 should buy a nice car, if I see the prices that guys overseas are willing to pay.....

Don't know where Some people get the idea that everything US/Canadian is surely going to be an incomplete piece of junk. Sure that some US and Canadian owners can tell you different.

There should be some members on this forum that can check out a car for someone overseas, I can surely do that for anything located in Southern Alberta.

Yves

Hi REM18

We are off to B.C: Canada in September to see my son and his family. As we land in the town of Kelowna we can nip along to Drakes Canadian Motors as he is a big dealer in TR´s, and exports them all the time. He transports them to Vancouver on his own flat bed lorry and has a deal going with the import/export agent there who handles all his shipping. His cost for moving the cars to Vancouver is very reasonable. in fact I saw him loading up a 3000 A/H when I was there last time.

Snow in B.C. is very dry unlike U.K. and the Continent so rust is not a problem there.

Dave

Thanks dave

I dont think it would still be there in 3 months time.

Tim has offered to assist lets see, if not I will get back to you

Thanks

Tony

Hi REM18

We are off to B.C: Canada in September to see my son and his family. As we land in the town of Kelowna we can nip along to Drakes Canadian Motors as he is a big dealer in TR´s, and exports them all the time. He transports them to Vancouver on his own flat bed lorry and has a deal going with the import/export agent there who handles all his shipping. His cost for moving the cars to Vancouver is very reasonable. in fact I saw him loading up a 3000 A/H when I was there last time.

Snow in B.C. is very dry unlike U.K. and the Continent so rust is not a problem there.

Dave

REM 18

There is always Yves in Alberta and Lord Flashart (Paul) in Salmon Arm in B.C. and he knows Drakes Canadian Motors as well.

I must have missed it, but did you say where the car is?

Dave

Isn't this the moment to step back and rethink what's happening at the moment?

• You're looking for a TR3
  • It needs to be used for the family, about 200 days/year in normal commuting traffic
  • You've searche high and low for a car in Europe and haven't found one.
  • I don't know how many cars you've seen IRL
  • There's one for sale on the other side of the world
  • Only thing you've seen are pics, taken with a certain purpose: selling it for the highest possible price
  • You've no intention/possibility to check it yourself
  • You let others advise you on the car and implicit on point two of this list...
  • Apart from the purchase price, you need to pay shipment and perhaps VAT when the car arrives in Europe (NED = 6%; Dutch taxes = no import duty, dunno how other countries are.
  • Then, the tinkering begins: brakes, hoses, steering - just to be sure that these are fine.

In short: I would step back and go back to the drawing table.

Menno

Yes Menno in fact that is what we are doing.

We did have someone local to examine but..

The Overseas 3 is not so pretty now we looked carefully and there are better here for now.

So for now its back to the drawing board.

You have to forgive me you know how it is we are looking for a good car at a low price.

Dream on! ;)

But we are not in a rush.

T

To my knowledge there are currently 2 early '3s and a late '2 for sale here in South Africa that do not need work. None are perfectly restored but they seem solid.

Especially the '2' seems immediately usable. I almost bought '2 myself, but didn't want a modified car at that price so bought a survivor instead.

They are at dealers so you can probably be a little finicky about any defects. Frost brothers I know export the cars regularly

I can't check them myself. Currently the Rand is not doing well so they could be fairly cheap in the 20000 to 25000 gbp range.

http://frostbrothers.co.za/portfolio/1957-triumph-tr3-with-overdrive-2/

http://frostbrothers.co.za/portfolio/1955-triumph-tr2-with-overdrive/

http://www.route101ccc.co.za/classics-for-sale/1958-triumph-tr3-for-sale/

Dirk

Edited by irrational

Thanks

I am on the trail of a Tr3 small mouth that is top notch offered by someone I know well for ever so slightly more than these prices.

Its Winchester Blue metallic though which is strange but it did leave factory as Winchester Blue and a plus for us here is its LHD

I wonder in metallic was ever a special order?

Also been offered a Red Tr3 thats completing restoration now.

This thread has paid its way... ;)

But these cars you have shown are very Nice.

Thanks

Tony

To my knowledge there are currently 2 early '3s and a late '2 for sale here in South Africa that do not need work. None are perfectly restored but they seem solid.

Especially the '2' seems immediately usable. I almost bought '2 myself, but didn't want a modified car at that price so bought a survivor instead.

They are at dealers so you can probably be a little finicky about any defects. Frost brothers I know export the cars regularly

I can't check them myself. Currently the Rand is not doing well so they could be fairly cheap in the 20000 to 25000 gbp range.

http://frostbrothers.co.za/portfolio/1957-triumph-tr3-with-overdrive-2/

http://frostbrothers.co.za/portfolio/1955-triumph-tr2-with-overdrive/

http://www.route101ccc.co.za/classics-for-sale/1958-triumph-tr3-for-sale/

Dirk