My wife is driving me nuts

Hi SuzanneH No not USA not Uk. Italy... Good advise though.. But to be fair we live in a small market style town Only 3 traffic lights and about 6 roundabouts. Plenty of Italian drivers though!!!!

Thats why you remove the rear view mirrors in Italy :D 3 traffic lights thats the big smoke we only have one where I live in France :D

"My wife is driving me nuts"

Hi Rem, you should know by now that's what they do, its in the jeans?

If you sort one problem they will just find another.

Try distracting her from her quest, try showing her too much affection, that usually does it.

Or if that fails then none at all!!!8

Chris

Tons of LHD 3s and 3A's for sale in northwestern Europe. Germany and Holland are the places to look. I would suggest Holland. We have enough forumites here on the forum (me included) that can take a look first and comment on what's for sale. Furthermore: a handful of A1 car restorers here in Holland. The general level of the cars for sale is far above average.

TR sailes are slow here. Prices are up, but not a lot, lately. Just let me know when you're interested.

Menno

EDIT: and don't be put off by 'heavy steering'. EZ Powersteering (http://www.ezpowersteering.nl/543/Home.html ) can help you with that. Same goes for power assisted brakes.

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

After a bit of research, found out that Tr3 for sale is a fraud, guy doesnt even own the car, hmmmmm

Keep em peeled!

Be careful, looking for a new project (not triumph) myself but lots of scams..

In the (recent) past the scams listed prices that were too goo to be true, which they are of course. But lately the scam prices go up to a level that it could be serious. I found out that they even invite you to come over to inspect, just to gain trust hoping you will refrain and transfer the money...

Look careful at the pictures used and use google to see of they were used before, also copying a bit of text and googling to see if the ad pops up somewhere else.

In the last scam i talked about 20 minutes with the seller about all kinds of details, was very helpful, very detailed in history. after doing more research i found the real owner who had the car for years..

If you are looking on eBay always check out the sellers other items. The scammers tend to have a multitude of other cars and bikes for sale. Typically for sale on behalf of a family member ?!

Some have good feedback too.

I report all the ones I see. By going through a whole lot of their other items report report report.

H

Agree with all of it. Nearly all the scams can be found by cross referencing, however maybe they are trying to get money via small deposits to. hold cars etc. Certainly low pricing is the first reason to be suspicious.

Maybe there should be a scam thread?

Manno Any sites you would suggest to get some ideas?

Tony

Tons of LHD 3s and 3A's for sale in northwestern Europe. Germany and Holland are the places to look. I would suggest Holland. We have enough forumites here on the forum (me included) that can take a look first and comment on what's for sale. Furthermore: a handful of A1 car restorers here in Holland. The general level of the cars for sale is far above average.

TR sailes are slow here. Prices are up, but not a lot, lately. Just let me know when you're interested.

Menno

EDIT: and don't be put off by 'heavy steering'. EZ Powersteering (http://www.ezpowersteering.nl/543/Home.html ) can help you with that. Same goes for power assisted brakes.

Imparts is a good address. But Wilko (the owner) wants top-dollar for his cars. About 20% too expensive, I would say.

This one is a dog-shed. Don't bother http://www.gallery-aaldering.com/collection/triumph-tr3-fully-restored-condition-extensive-restoration-file-nl/ Don and I had a look at this one last January. I'll be asking around this afternoon and tomorrow for other cars & sellers.

And you can always buy my 3A for the right price.

Edited by Menno van Rij 2

Imparts is a good address. But Wilko (the owner) wants top-dollar for his cars. About 20% too expensive, I would say.

This one is a dog-shed. Don't bother http://www.gallery-aaldering.com/collection/triumph-tr3-fully-restored-condition-extensive-restoration-file-nl/ Don and I had a look at this one last January. I'll be asking around this afternoon and tomorrow for other cars & sellers.

And you can always buy my 3A for the right price.

In this case they are not his cars But in commission.

A guy nearby is restoring a TR3A and he has done a few in the past. I'm quite certain that he's willing to sell. But not expensive. And as said: after giving it some thought, mine is for sale as well.

Would be helpful if you can give us a ball-park figure what you're willing to spend.

Menno

A guy nearby is restoring a TR3A and he has done a few in the past. I'm quite certain that he's willing to sell. But not expensive. And as said: after giving it some thought, mine is for sale as well.

Would be helpful if you can give us a ball-park figure what you're willing to spend.

Menno

What ????

hahaha now its raining 3's?

Send you a PM.

T

Menno

Yup. Selling the 914 as well, all for another trick. Dont know what tbh, but who knows. TR5 perhaps

Well I sincerely hope it starts with "TR" Menno or at least "Tri.." ????.

The only thing I can think of better on an Italian backroad than a sidescreen TR with r and p steering is a BMW 328 at ten times the price so just get on and buy one and please the missus and you will please yourself.But get one with rand p.

Tom

My wife wont let me sell my 5. birthday next week, was my wifes last week.

The old girl is in need of some looking after.

Which one hahahhahaha

Yup. Selling the 914 as well, all for another trick. Dont know what tbh, but who knows. TR5 perhaps

• 2 weeks later...

13k for a TR3 in Germany - a country used to high(er) prices... a Canadian car; is it imported into Europe already?

Most North European cars I know for that price need a thorough overhaul and/or total resto.

Love the fact it is a small mouth,

Lots of non original typical US/Canada bodges, with a few missing bits (Front bumper and irons and grill finisher) and it was a different colour originally, cheap enough to improve though.

Stuart.