Thats very sad news indeed as Don was a good friend to the whole TR community. He used to ring me up occasionally at the workshop just for a chat and it was always good to hear his voice from the other side of the world. RIP Don.

Stuart.

This is sad news indeed. First met Don online while restoring my 56 TR3. During the restoration Don "dropped in" to our home in 2011 to see how the restoration was going and to give me a ride in his 58 TR3 to "encourage" me with my work. Later I met him at several British car shows and we always had great visits together. He was always engaging and helpful. A real loss within the TR3 world. Here is a picture from 2015 when our TR3s were together in Ottawa. Cheers, Mike

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9r1d8VMGUD3cLa52

Edited by Mike Graham

Very sad.

So much TR knowledge and enthusiasm goes with him.

Condolences go to his family and friends Canada and the rest of us will miss him and his postings on here.

H

Met Don at the TRA meeting in Ohio in 2004. He arrived solo that time and allowed my father to ride with him on one of the driving tours. This helped get the ball rolling on our own restoration. He and my Dad had a great chat as they both were original owners in the late 50's albeit Don managed to hold onto his car! As mentioned, Don was always helpful with tips, etc. He also travelled widely in North America with a tent and sleeping bag at the ready!

Condolences to his family,

Michael K

Had a long conversation with Don at IWE Harrogate, when he had custody of TS2. Its good to know the Friends of TS2 were able to recognise Don's lifelong dedication to the TR marque. Don had had an altercation with an irish stone-wall which upset him. TRs can be repaired, but at some point every one of us runs out of that option. 'Bye Don, for the time being.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold