Hi,

I noticed in the last edition of TR magazine that were images showing some TR4/5s with a rain/shower cover that fitted over the rear backlight and windscreen. Does anyone know whether tailor made ones for TRs are available or have adapted/used other off the shelf items.

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

As a result of this thread, I ordered one from the TRR shop (thanks for the link, Roger!).

Looks like the post office tried to deliver today (Monday) so I'll pick it up tomorrow and report back asap.

Cheers,

Tim

Got the cover late yesterday, and fitted today.

It's very lightweight (so it packs down small - in its own little zippered parcel) so I think it's designed to be keep showers at bay rather than a serious storm (have to put the soft-top back on for that).

I can't say that it fits a TR4 very well - it's ok, and covers the top etc., but it's obviously tailored for a different shape of car. I haven't yet tried it on the car with no top (when it would be held up on the screen and the rollover bar), but I think it would look a bit more ill-fitting but still probably cover everything ok.

Part of the problem are the elastic straps that hold it on - they don't naturally fit a TR very well, and I've hooked them under my wire wheel nut "ears".

I suspect it will do the job I want (keep any light rain out when parked so that I don't have to raise the top) but there's an opportunity for something MUCH better for our cars...

post-6575-0-07267600-1528297367_thumb.jpg

I use the Moss universal cover.

It won’t fit over the top and the windows have to be wound down.

I’ve used it in torrential rain and everything has remained dry.

Probably just as quock to use the soft top, but don’t like to fold it when it is damp.

Nigel

Hi Tim,

I have that TRR top with my car, which has Surrey, I can vouch that it will keep a torrential downpour out of the car after an experience at Malvern a few years back. The collected water would have been 6 inches deep.

As you say the fit isn't perfect, but it has stopped some wet trousers.

Ian

Hi Tim,

I have that TRR top with my car, which has Surrey, I can vouch that it will keep a torrential downpour out of the car after an experience at Malvern a few years back. The collected water would have been 6 inches deep.

As you say the fit isn't perfect, but it has stopped some wet trousers.

Ian

Thanks, Ian. Useful info (I haven't subjected it to rain yet...).

I might try some "cunning" alterations at some point to improve the fit. If so, I'll report back...

Tim.

I have that one too. In windy conditions it tries to take off! I’ve overcome this by tucking the back into the boot then shutting the lid. The front gets trapped by the plenum flap.

As for rain, I agree with Ian, it keeps that out very well. I especially like that it folds down into a small packet.

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Quick report back...

I still think it looks a bit ugly on a TR but I agree with you guys about its waterproof-ness.

We had a massive thunderstorm last night for at least an hour. Got to the TR this morning...bone dry. Not a drop inside.

Much better than the soft top, actually :-)