Description sounds everything like a typical classic car dealer, and accordingly every effort to over embellish with tacky bling has been thrown at it. Not my cup o tea!

Cant think why its advertised as a PI when it clearly isnt. In my view a TR5 only looks good when to the makers specification and perhaps more valuable in its native form.

Pricey too, but the positive being that its a RHD TR5 survivor!

Edited by boxofbits

On the other hand it is upgraded to Climate Control, for those hot sunny days...ang on ! that's wind down windows isn't it ?

Mick Richards

On the other hand it is upgraded to Climate Control, for those hot sunny days...ang on ! that's wind down windows isn't it ?

Mick Richards

Think youre right Mick. Surreys another one. When the gap of the screen capping increases due to the Suns heat it automatically releases the canopy to air !

Kevin

Think youre right Mick. Surreys another one. When the gap of the screen capping increases due to the Suns heat it automatically releases the canopy to air !

Kevin

:lol::lol::lol: Pass me a clean pair of trews !

Mick Richards

So... It has a few flaws that are relatively easy to put right and it's, what, maybe overpriced by about 5k?

Would that make it a reasonable, but not perfect, buy?

(Not asking for me, just trying to get off the "spot the error" train)

It's not for the purist, but it goes really really well......

It's been restored 2 or 3 times in its life.

It was one of my customer's car and we maintained it for many years.....

I'm surprised "the anoraks" haven't noticed that all 4 wings have been cut, lead loaded and widened to give a more aggressive stance!

If you actually want to drive one rather than procrastinate over the original features then it's a great car.....

But what do I know :ph34r:

Apart from the wing enlargements I'd give it a thumbs up. The Webers eliminate fueling issues and would be my preference for a driver by a long shot ( and those are vintage Italians ;) ). As I have posited numberous times before, I reckon the P.I. cars would fetch 2-3X what they do had they been fitted with DCOEs originally. As it is, they are priced well below their so-called peers by that factor which I hold to be the culprit.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom Fremont

Surely a non injected car reduces value and originality?

Sure does. I contend that had DCOEs been original fitment values would be much higher today.

The anomalous TR250 is far and away the cheapest route to a [ LHD ] TR5 in all but pedigree ( fit cam and DCOEs and off you go! ). To see what I mean check out www.wilsonmotorco.com who have (3) beauties for sale right now.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom I understand that you are advocating the Webbers as a solution and of course your right.

But its primarily a US thing, I have an original RHD PI which I wouldnt change, but I do have friends who run triple Webbers and its a hell of a difference for sure although I think 2 Webbers is probably better, its up to the owner.

Sure does. I contend that had DCOEs been original fitment values would be much higher today.

The anomalous TR250 is far and away the cheapest route to a [ LHD ] TR5 in all but pedigree ( fit cam and DCOEs and off you go! ). To see what I mean check out www.wilsonmotorco.com who have (3) beauties for sale right now.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Rem18

It's not for the purist, but it goes really really well......

It's been restored 2 or 3 times in its life.

It was one of my customer's car and we maintained it for many years.....

I'm surprised "the anoraks" haven't noticed that all 4 wings have been cut, lead loaded and widened to give a more aggressive stance!

If you actually want to drive one rather than procrastinate over the original features then it's a great car.....

But what do I know :ph34r:

The sniping and negativity never ends Mark, hence why the bar is now closed.

If Triumph were still making them, it would probably look mean and aggressive to fit in with the style of the moment. Looks fab to me and I would certainly give it space.

If you can get in, drive it to Spain and back with the top down and it's reliable, that's what it's all about. For the rest, people should maybe visit a museum.

Coat on.

Dave.