Door Locks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian Lawton

Adrian Lawton
  • TR Register Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Probably been asked 9 million times before but I'm trying to remove a door lock without success.  I have tried all sorts to compress the "tongues" but can't get on one side of the lock (obviously all from behind).

The manual just helpfully says "using a suitable tool".  Any idea what this tool is or looks like????

Attached File  lock.jpeg   61.93KB   0 downloads

#2 Adrian Lawton

Adrian Lawton
  • TR Register Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

Did find this on YouTube  Seems the special tool is a hammer and screwdriver as per normal!!!

Jump to 2 minute mark (yes I know it's a Midget but the lock's the same)

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZPK3fQ-IlDM

Edited by Adrian Lawton, 11 May 2018 - 05:20 PM.

#3 JochemsTR

JochemsTR
  • 132 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR6 '73

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

The tool are pliers, or whatever you have in your toolbox. No special tool required.
I used a screwdriver to push back the tongue....a hammer may be a little overkill.
All can be done with the side window installed, but I recently removed the window and perfect access is guaranteed.
Jochem

Flying Dutchman drives: TR6 - 1973 - 56/11 - CF1xxxxUO - J-OD - Kent 270° - 2x ZS - Phoenix - Pierburg - 123Tune - 205/70 on 7x15

#4 stuart

stuart
  • TR Register Members
  • 18,764 posts
  • Cars Owned::TR Restoration,. Owner of Watermill Carriage Co Ltd restorers of 50s and 60s British sports cars, especially TRs.

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Prise it off with a thin flat blade screwdriver then when you have removed it throw it in the scrap and replace with these Number 59 https://www.moss-eur...ings-tr5-6.html

Stuart.

TR4A Royal blue TR5 White  Volvo V70 D5 twin turbo
Plus whatever TR is in workshop for restoration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users