Fuel pump overrun

My TR6 1972 PI suffers from overrunning ( continuous) after ignition switch is off. I discovered that the fuel pump remains running after the ignition is off and only stops when I remove battery lead.

1/ If this is the problem where is the power connection error or

2/ Is it simply a pre-inition symptom.

My wiring diagram seems to be complied with but looking for options.

Regards

It can't be on 24 hours day surely. If its only staying on for a short time after switching off I'd look at the ignition/starter switch.

Preignition type running on will not keep the pump electrically energized.

If its on the same circuit as an electric fan that runs on after shut down then it might.

Stuart.

If its on the same circuit as an electric fan that runs on after shut down then it might.

Stuart.

Also, is there a relay having been wired in by a previous owner and the contacts inside are sticking closed? This has happen to me with relays in the past!

Bruce.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed on mine (which I modified with a relay) that it seemed to run for about 5 seconds after I switched off. Never an issue, just a quirk.