Amber front repeater/indicators CP.

Quick question please - Did any CP models have all amber front indicator (repeaters) as opposed to the amber and clear ones?

Edited by stallie

Hi

think it was only US models as I know the ones that came to Germany/Denmark etc they had the clear lens part. Also I know its very expensive to find the amber/clear ones.

Hi, simply no. Original amber clear are hard to come by in good nick and expensive either used or new....

Hi

Repro lenses are available from MOSS https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/front-side-flasher-lamps-tr6.htmlat ~£27 each (and other suppliers)

Bastuck have reproduced the complete unit front side and indicator units - which MOSS and other suppliers sell at ~£148 each side

Australia may be a long way from the UK, but I understand the local TR scene organise bulk shipping of members needs to make it more cost effective?

Good luck

Cheers

Ian

It could be that a PO found out that sourcing the amber/clear items was too hard and too expensive so he used USA spec items and just bought headlights that had sidelights fitted in them. A simple and effective conversion but not correct for a CP TR6.

Alan G

Easy to convert the US spec ones to UK though with a bit of ally and pop rivets. Makes it a much more cost effective option than the complete new units if everything else to do with the lights (rubber boots etc) are in good condition.

Hi All

Yep ref Ians comments, new repro's are around £26 in the UK so if much more than that i suppose its the shipping costs / import charges.

But just thinking, under £30 for a lens seems well, cheap enough. Just think how much an equivalent would be on a modern car, double it then add some i would have thought.

Looking at Royal mail shipping, if you want quick tracked insured up to £50 its £10 postage, but if you'll take a risk not have it tracked and wait down to £4.00.

So theoretically you could get one deliver for around £30.

Cheers

Keith

Cheers. Ive just agreed to buy the car which has been off the road for 30 years - I was suspicious that they might have been replaced after front end damage that Id missed but could see no sign of it.

Edited by stallie