Hi

I need to fit a buzzer to my indicators as im always leaving them on!

I bought a cheapo of ebay and put it instead of the green indicator lamp but it only buzzes once then stops

Anyone fitted one and what type

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

Have a look at the MGAguru.com ( ET-245A). This explains how to fit a buzzer in the flasher circuit. Did it on my 4A and works a treat and you still have the warning light.

Graham

Hi Tony,

did this years ago, radio shack 12v buzzer fitted across the green bulb, both still work,

only downside is it iretates Mrs M., but then most things TR'ing do!

John.

This is what I bought and have fitted. It buzzes loadly and can be heard at motorway speeds with aeroscreens.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Indicator-Light-Buzzer-12V-DC-AC/260780189912?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

It took about 10 days to arrive.

Simple extended wire from warning bulb live to the thing which is then connected to earth. So in parallel with the warning light. Strap it to the underdash bars that support the heater.

The thing is polarity sensitive.

Cheers

Peter W

Hello Tony

I fitted one of these and it works a treat and adjustable! there is one without the brake function which I also have but removed to fit this one as you can leave the winkers on at lights with your foot on the brake and it stops the noise but starts again when released

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-INDICATOR-WARNING-BUZZER-ADJUSTABLE-DELAY-WITH-BRAKE-MOD/251337237605?hash=item3a84dde465:g:LFUAAOxyuUZSL5t-

Roger

Maplin has suitable buzzers and there's a closing down sale running - 40% off list prices in Aylesbury. All the dash cams had gone by yesterday afternoon.

Ian Cornish

Thanks for all the advice

I should be able to get sorted and stop annoying following traffic!

Tony

I fitted a buzzer that I got from "Lebro" Bob for peanuts.

It is fitted across the orange warning light and only goes off when you cancel the signal. It sounds like a lorry reversing, and is a relief when you turn it off, and you can hear it at speed.

It is mounted on the one stay under the steering wheel on the bracket that supports the dash to the fire wall.

What I need now is a warning light or sound when the handbrake is on.

Dave