Im in the process of replacing the bushes in my front suspension.

When I removed the lower bush from my front shock to replace it, I found the bush is too small. No markings on the shock to identify it.

The new bush is 22m Dia whereas the mounting hole is 28mm. Any ideas?

Simon

post-3553-0-16309100-1525380187_thumb.jpeg

post-3553-0-77903100-1525380211_thumb.jpeg

Hi Simon,

I have found a reference to standard size and that is DIAMETER 22.5mm/7/8" so it would appear as though the new bush is correct and your shock is non standard. Certainly aftermarket performance shocks have differing sizes.

How about Rimmers Part No.: 119450POLYOS it might be worth asking them the size.

Regards,

John

Hi Simon,

John beat me to it!

I've just measured a shock I took off my 6 last week. It too is of unknown make but has traces of metallic mid-blue paint so may be Munroe? Anyhow, the bush tube has an O/D of 30mm. Allowing for a 3 ish mm wall thickness, 22mm for the bush seems about right.

• 1 year later...

A late  addition to this post based on my recent experience.  Fitting a full Super Pro Polybush set to the front of my TR6 and the damper bush is too small.  Its ~22mm when the shock is ~30mm.  The bush kit was bought from Moss-Europe and the damper bush is the right size for OEM shock.  The shocks on the car are a few years old and are aftermarket "standard"  replacements from Rimmers with larger diameter than the OEM spec.

Rimmers has the oversize bushes for these (both rubber and Poly) and hoping Moss-Europe will be able to source same.

Adrian