Naughty question.

I dont want to sell my 5, my wife would kill me as she is just a week older... of my 4 cars it will be the one that only goes when I am too old to drive if my sons dont want it????

Just curiously out of touch wondering regards redoing the valuation etc.

Seeing £50k-70s for special cars seems loads. Wondering what the ranges are now from basket cases, to used good runners and nice ones?

Does someone have a list of prices against conditions etc now?

Is this a naughty question?

Thought it might be fun for others.

Tony

Hello Tony

In the TSSC mag they say

conkers £65000

A1+ £45500

A1 £ 26000

A2 £ 13000

Project £ 9000

LHD 10% less or 5% if converted to RHD

Roger

The TSSC valuations haven't changed for some time and IMHO they are bonkers!

There is too much of a gap between levels.

Nearly £40k between an A1 car and a Concours car.

An A1 car for £26k? More like £36k I would think, unless you get very lucky.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ive been watching them for approx 6mths wanting to buy, good luck finding literally anything genuine under 35k with what I would call very nice but certainly not concours making 40 - 45k. Unless anybody can show me different, which I doubt as I have had a wanted ad on the Register to mostly no avail.

I am constantly being told values as the TSSC but this does not reflect the market at all. As well as classic car buyer quoting no's of 25k for a really good car in there price sections still, WHERE ?

Therefore following my last 6mths experience I would suggest the following :

Special 55k+ (CP1 etc)

Concours 50k+

A1 45k+

A2 35k+

Runnig Project 30k+

Dog 20k+ (Extremely Rare)

I have no experience of LHD (TR250) pricing as I am specifically looking for a Genuine UK RHD car, I am as always more than prepared to eat my words and purchase if and when somebody will show me different.

Hopefully Going to be proven wrong.

Paul.

REF Naughty Question

I am an absolute Triumph car and bike fan and have been for a very long time (particularly vintage bikes followed by cars) although I have no concept of value / price being a taboo subject, appreciating the value / price of your special vehicle is part and parcel of the ownership, so why should I ignore an appreciating asset because a certain select few believe price is irrelevant, Price is always relevant if it wasn't I would probably be posting on the Ferrari forum boasting about my 250 GTO.

Edited by paulmoto

Here in the 'States we enjoy very low prices for excellent TR6s and still reasonable prices for TR250s, as they are woefully underpowered in Federal / emissions form.

It is still a very well kept secret that they are easily transformed into head-of-the-class performers with head shave, cam and triple DCOEs ;) . If it ever gets out broadly, the U.S. TR6 values may reach parity with their P.I. counterparts, but TR250s never will vis-a-vis the TR5 :( . This state of things permits driving them with reckless abandon ( which I do with one of mine ^_^ ) so at least we have that.

Cheers,

Tom

paulmoto

CP1 went for £50,000 about a month ago at auction, CP2 was up for £79,995 and sold July 17.

Reading about both cars on the forum and elsewhere it would appear to me that CP2 was far more original than CP1 hence the price hike.

I was very fortunate to have bought my 5 at a sensible price from a TR Register member who insisted on avoiding the dealers and wanted to sell to a fellow TR member only. He is a true gentleman, we still keep in touch re the car and I aim to pay him a visit in Hampshire this October in my 5.

Good luck with your hunting down a 5 Paul.

Thanks for your well wishes Mike, I believe with the fees CP1's total price was more like 56k and as you say not the best car for condition although a very special car all the same.

Looking forward.

P

PS well done with your purchase, your very lucky.

Edited by paulmoto

Paul I think your buyer assessment is pretty straight. :D

Gary I saw that, but doesnt look like it sold??

I was just curious, after 25 years just wanting to know whats in the pot, my 5 is well driven, drives well having been up many mountains in the alps never leaving me stranded, but has its faults. But just like my wife I know and love them.... :rolleyes:

And as for value as my dear old mum used to say 'How long is a piece of string'?

might be wrong but has the steel trim been fitted below the swage line ?

Yes, I reckon your right Roy53, a strange thing to do?

Still think it's a realistic price though.

Rem18 - It's not been up for sale long?