UK High Pressure Fuel Hose Supplier?

I've read several posts about what hose to use for high pressure fuel, can anyone tell me a current UK supplier of correctly rated hose? I would also appreciate confirmation of what sizes to buy.

Thanks.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/fuel-hose-gates-barricade-ethanol-proof-5-16-id-per-metre-gfh1031x.html

Your question on size depends really on what replacement fittings have been added to the car, with differing filters, pumps and pressure relief valves it could be anything, but Gates Barricade is a very, very good pipe and Moss sell by the metre.

Alan

Edited by barkerwilliams

Ian, just be aware, this hose is not suitable/recommended for the delivery side of the PI.

Think Automotive (www.thinkauto.com/) will be another possible starting point (no connection, just a satisfied customer)

Thanks John, I'd read that previously and it was the reason I was asking for a UK supplier of hose that meets the required spec' I am retaining the original setup, my car has been running with Lucas PI for 49 years, it can't be that bad :rolleyes: Do you know what size hoses I need for the original setup?

Hi Ian

I assume you are looking at all the fuel pipes etc. I used Think Automotive, Feltham and they are very helpful.

If you want to use PTFE pipe work, then also be aware, that life will get complicated as you can't crimp PTFE pipe with unions to fit BSP threads. You will need adaptors.

For a full picture of the issues, have a look at my blog. Chapter 10, and then at the bottom under Jan 17. here's the link. It's all doable, but you need to plan it out.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/rebuilders-diary/2018/03/0116/TR5-Patience-Rebuild-Chapter-10-October-2016-to-February-2017

I hope that helps

Best Bill

Hello All

I have ordered some from these people it was the best price I could find and it is supposed to be the best!

This 5/16" size.

Its not for a TR6 but a Triumph Spitfire running ITB,s and Microsquirt the stuff I bought off Fleabay before(12 months) is cracking and smells of petrol and it was EFI rated pipe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATES-BARRICADE-FUEL-INJECTION-HOSE-4219-06038-27348/322527744432?hash=item4b1826d1b0:g:AVEAAOSwwzhZQqN1

Roger

Thanks for the advice chaps, as I'm up against it from a time perspective I have ordered the lot from Revington, I'll be able to sit down again soon!

Ian

Roger I cant see what length that is?

Thanks

T

Hello All

I have ordered some from these people it was the best price I could find and it is supposed to be the best!

This 5/16" size.

Its not for a TR6 but a Triumph Spitfire running ITB,s and Microsquirt the stuff I bought off Fleabay before(12 months) is cracking and smells of petrol and it was EFI rated pipe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATES-BARRICADE-FUEL-INJECTION-HOSE-4219-06038-27348/322527744432?hash=item4b1826d1b0:g:AVEAAOSwwzhZQqN1

Roger

Roger I cant see what length that is?

Thanks

T

Hello T

It is 15 feet or 4.6m

This will give all information

http://ww2.gates.com/europe/downloads/download_common.cfm?file=70517_E2_BARRICADE_BROCHURE.pdf&folder=brochure&location_id=237

Edited by rogerguzzi

Hi Ian

I assume you are looking at all the fuel pipes etc. I used Think Automotive, Feltham and they are very helpful.

If you want to use PTFE pipe work, then also be aware, that life will get complicated as you can't crimp PTFE pipe with unions to fit BSP threads. You will need adaptors.

For a full picture of the issues, have a look at my blog. Chapter 10, and then at the bottom under Jan 17. here's the link. It's all doable, but you need to plan it out.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/rebuilders-diary/2018/03/0116/TR5-Patience-Rebuild-Chapter-10-October-2016-to-February-2017

I hope that helps

Best Bill

Hi Bill, your statement is not strictly true as you need access to aero space fittings and sleeves to crimp PTFE. Do not use smooth bore 1000 psi rated PTFE as you will get the dreaded harmonic hammering with the Lucas PRV.

Bruce.

Hi Bill, your statement is not strictly true as you need access to aero space fittings and sleeves to crimp PTFE. Do not use smooth bore 1000 psi rated PTFE as you will get the dreaded harmonic hammering with the Lucas PRV.

Bruce.

Hi Bruce

The fittings recommended byThink Automotive were JIC threaded unions for PTFE pipe. Therefore my point is that they can't crimp PTFE pipe into BSP unions and therefore you will need adaptors. Discuss with Think Automotive if you doubt.

Bill

Hi Bruce

The fittings recommended byThink Automotive were JIC threaded unions for PTFE pipe. Therefore my point is that they can't crimp PTFE pipe into BSP unions and therefore you will need adaptors. Discuss with Think Automotive if you doubt.

Bill

If you go to Essex Engineering they sell a complete range of BSP S/S fittings crimped on to PTFE convoluted S/S hose. I don't see Think Automotive in the same league as Essex Eng.as I had problems with them on there original spin on filter conversion which they have since dropped.

Bruce.