YouTube links and player embedded in posts?

What happened to the feature that allowed a YouTube window to be played within a post? It was super-simple and useful, yet for the past month or more seems to be unavailable to me on any of my devices.

Like this one:

Can't see any link Don.

test

No embedded item appears for me either. Wonder what they have done. Nothing visible on the page but if I go to 'edit' I can see the link as I posted it.

Edited by RobH

Just testing

(

)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorola-Vintage-Classic-Car-Radio/292527284229?hash=item441bfc2005:g:dHwAAOSwY5Ra1e48

Roger

PS - hmm very odd. Well spotted Don. Mine is also missing

It will post ebay but not YouTube - can our forum simply remove YouTube clips or is it YouTube at source.

Edited by RogerH

Just been checking - the links on old posts seem to have disappeared too. Wonder if that's at our end or at You Tube's?

I tried to post a video recently and got nowhere, so assume that the facility has been removed from the forum. Thankfully there are plenty of other places to post videos.

Hi Don,

I sent Wayne a PM earlier in the day informing him of this problem.

This has given Wayne a monster headache.

The forum was down about an hour or so ago. I think Wayne was changing the plugs !!!!!

Roger

Ah -- so you're the one who led to the blackout, Roger! It was rather confusing for a period of time.

It never used to work for me, just a test to see what happens now.

(

)

Chris

Now it does not embed and the link disappears from view but is still part of post on edit screen.

Edited by Chris1966