I'm about to order a wiring harness, and thought I'd ask a couple of questions before ordering. I've done a search and found some useful info here already, but still have some questions:

Revington TR have a rally wiring harness they say can be used for a TR5, but was developed for the TR4. That seems to have a lot of extras in it, although at a significant price. Has anyone used this, and if so did it work well and were many modifications required for a TR5?

If I go to autosparks they do a standard harness and you can have upgrades to that. I know I need a better supply to the fuel pump, relays for the headlights, and I have an electric fan, but are there any other things that I should think about if I go down this route?

Having taken the dash out numerous times before and had the frustration of trying to connect all the wires when I put back in the limited space I would like to have single connectors for things such as speedo, steering column etc. rather than lots of individual wires to connect. I saw some comments on this in previous threads, but does anyone know if a supplier makes a harness with this already in place? I plan to ask autosparks, but any input is welcome.

The harness I took out had significant modifications as the car had been used for rallying in the past. All seemed to still work ok, but as the car is all apart I want to put in a new harness to avoid any wiring issues in the future.

Thanks for any info you have!

Parry

I ordered a harness from Autosparks.

For the fuel pump:

Besides the thicker/heavier wire: Have a relay and a cut-out switch (in case of accident).

Location of relays

Think where to locate the relays: mine are under the dash, but in hindsight I should have specified the panel besides the A-post.

Have the wiring for an electric fan if you consider one.

Waldi

Thanks Waldi, thanks Tony. I plan to call autosparks tomorrow, but thought it worth asking for input before just to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious, but as you note Tony autosparks have probably done so many of these they'll know better than me what it may be worth adding and can advise.

Parry

Parry,

It fitted ok, with the exception of the relais, but that was my own decision (fault).

Ivalso ordered:

Wire to dizzi

Loom to ignition key

Loom to OD.

Waldi