It never even entered my head that I would encounter road rage while driving my TR, but just goes to show how wrong I was!! While traveling north on the A19 toward the Wynyard Hall turnoff ,I started to overtake a car traveling at around 65 mph ,looked into my rear view mirror and saw that I had plenty of space to do so,I indicated and started my manoeuvre ,glanced back into the mirror again to witness the 4x4 in the inside lane immediately behind me floor it to obviously stop me in my tracks,,, which he didn't ,let me tell you! . The ensuing hand signals from said 4x4 driver as he eventually and inevitable overtook me only strengthened my desire to kick his wick in!! and if I could have caught up to said " penis cranium "is exactly what would have ,very happily and enjoyably happened ! But alas,twas not to be!!!!

Edited by Ur1328

Had A very similar incident yesterday evening, A17 coming home from Norfolk Trip,

He didn't like me overtaking him and sped up to shut the gap down, I made the gap and he went barmy....I make a couple of hand signals and kept my cool.

Happy days.

Conrad.

Three years ago, I had my 4A returned after a major refurbishment, I drove it to the local supermarket, where I parked for less than 20 minutes. On returning to my car it had been keyed across the passenger door.

I do not understand the mentality of people who do this. I would have said envy, but there are many Aston Martins, Ferraris, Teslas and the like in the town I live in, and they never seem to have that kind of damage. It just shows how twisted some people's thinking is. They are sad pathetic morons.

I used to own a 1930s 8hp Morris (0 to 60 time was done with a calendar) One evening I was on the up hill part of a winding country road I travelled most days so knew every twist and turn, when a newish Mercedes caught me up. The twit driving it was not pleased to be delayed by me and after some light flashing he went past using his shiny new hooter. This was just before the long twisting downhill bit, so I soon caught him up and had great fun flashing my 6 volt lights and even though I had absolutely no hope of passing out went the trafficator on straight ish bits just to see him get pushed along.

Very silly I know but sometimes the child in us all comes out and besides I enjoyed the irony.

George

Friend of mine put a Vauxhall Cresta body on a Jaguar XJR floor-pan specially to enjoy these situations.

He worked the motor for 450 BHP. Goodness knows how he insured this beast. The rev limiter prevented it from exceeding 140mph but it was still pulling hard up there.

Drivers of German cars would often "get involved" with him.

I had this on the m5 northbound out of Avonmouth on DiD. 64 XPH was running well so decided to pass a few cars using lane 3 pulling up out of avonmouth. There is a 4th lane that runs out at the top of the hill and some bright spark in an audi thought he would have a go at the 200mtr marker where the lanes converge such was his intent to get passed it had slipped his mind that he was heading to the armco at approx 80 mph and about to run out of road.He just managed to recover it and fill the space left when i slipped into lane 2. We were glad to exit and rejoin the a38 for the trip home.

I had this on the m5 northbound out of Avonmouth on DiD. 64 XPH was running well so decided to pass a few cars using lane 3 pulling up out of avonmouth. There is a 4th lane that runs out at the top of the hill and some bright spark in an audi thought he would have a go at the 200mtr marker where the lanes converge such was his intent to get passed it had slipped his mind that he was heading to the armco at approx 80 mph and about to run out of road.He just managed to recover it and fill the space left when i slipped into lane 2. We were glad to exit and rejoin the a38 for the trip home.

Funnily enough I had exactly the same on Monday morning in the same place except it was a Sprinter van doing the tw*t run!

Stuart.

A couple of years ago I spent a very pleasant 2 weeks touring Germany and Holland. Most drivers gave us a friendly wave and gave us respectful distance. A truly pleasant 2 weeks. Then, as soon as I got to the uk, I was chariot duelling with idiots who were quite happy to give you the finger and to call you a w@**er just because you drive something different.

On the way home from drive it day, we were traveling home in the TR5 in a line of traffic at 25-30mph. I had a cars length in front of me - Normal stuff. Suddenly a white sped up to within inches of the rear bumper. I could see in the rear mirror, the driver was going absolutely berserk, for me to speed up and close that gap. I didn't react but pulled over in to a lay by. and made a big hand wave to go past. Only to hear @@@@@''!!%^&%^)&_{ !! Then another van went past, obviously his mate, with his hand on the permanent horn push. All totally unprovoked. I could (sort of ) understand if I had done something wrong earlier, but believe me I didn't and that was very intimidating.

Oh, I wish I had the car camera installed. I would have gone straight down to the Police station.

What is it ? that some people see these old cars, something they just have to cut up, must get in front of, or abuse, even though we don't actually hang about or drive like doddering old fools.

Bill

Looks like the road rage thing is universal. I thought us yanks had a monopoly on it.

Berry

I think certain brands of car and white vans come with factory fitted idiots.

I am in Norway at the moment where most people drive slow and steady but even here it happens. Strangely it Tesla that is the car of choice for these antics up here

George

Over here (Oregon), giant pickups and SUVs' seem to be the weapon of choice.

Aggressive driving and lack of civility is probably just a reflection of the change in our culture and norms. Too much growth and overcrowded roads might also be a factor.

Berry