Bosch pump failure

So my TR6 has been in bits for nearly 5 years...I am putting it back together now. I have a problem i think with the bosch fuel pump..its whurring away put alas no fuel coming through to engine bay....i was expecting it to work again,,,its all plumbed up as before (it did run 5 years ago ).there is a gallon of petrol in the tank. Any ideas or does it sound like pump has had it ?

Len

thanks for replies'

wires are correct ,have double checked

petrol.... thats a good call ,,,actually it wasnt a full gallon i put in maybe 3/4 ,,,,,,hmmm

hopefully thats my problem,

i will report back in the morning

cheers

Len

ok , so i have spent a bit of time looking for my no fuel problem....

its a wiring issue,,,,as Neil mentioned. Thanks. As a last resort i swapped over the white feed to the negative and vice versa.....it worked properly...so one thing fixed and now i need to search for the wiring issue..its a new loom . I have checked the pump wires and they are correct...it must be something i have connected up has caused this issue as the pump did work over the weekend but a flexi was leaking so i just carried on with other bits until i could get to a shop for the flexi.

Thanks all for help

as always much appreciated

I am not happy with swapping the polarity around on the pump... (not a fix )..i have corrected it, and the pump is now going in reverse. i have checked the wiring loom and its correct ....i think a new pump is required..

Len

Edited by len1

Bosch pumps are actually marked + and - so perhaps check the wiring is as you think it is.

These pumps are not reversible, may run backwards but not designed to pump backwards!

I have a spare 996 pump if you need to test

Steve

Hi Steve

yes i have seen the + and -.....have definitely got it wired correctly...a friend of mine popped by yesterday and he knows about electrics....he agreed i have it right , yet the pump is going in reverse.....I may take this opportunity to put a Lucas pump back on.

cheers

Len

Finally my problem is solved. I spoke to Neil this afternoon and went through all the problems .Neil suggested that maybe i had connected the pump and filter up the wrong way ,,,and of course he was right. Cant remember doing it but obviously i had ! So now the pump is blowing instead of sucking !

Thanks all and a big thanks to Neil

Cheers

Len