TR7 V8 Feature

I don't think many TR Register members would be regular Retro cars readers. That's a shame though as they have featured a number of very nice modified TR7s (and a TR8). The current issue has a TR6 track car too ;)

Malcolm.

• 5 weeks later...

Got it now. Nice article and pictures, I'm quite proud :) Apollogies for the usual inaccuracies (they do not let you proof read the text) e.g. 'for road conversions we normally fit a 3.8:1 diff' and 'Registrar of the TR7 Register'. Still a good article for the TR7/8 though.

Malcolm.

Guest croydebay

[Malcolm, havent the publishers sent you a complimentary copy, we got one from Triumph World the week before it went on sale.

--------------------

ChrisTurner

Malcolm... When they did my car I was sent a couple of complimentary copies of the mag but not until about 3 weeks after publication. They also let me have the whole shoot on discs on the basis that they retain the copyright and the images are for personal use only. The pix were great but the images were very small...maybe on purpose. Either way, well done on getting the cars published, maybe we should ensure a TR7/8 presence at the Retro Car Show, Santa Pod, July 2nd...

They told me today that some free mags and a CD are in the post :) I have provisionally agreed to do the RC show at SantaPod with both cars (on the Retro Car Club stand) but it's a tricky one as the TRDC National is the same weekend and I'd also hoped to be there....

And you Steve? Perhaps SAT with the TRDC and SUN at the RCS?

Malcolm.

Edited by malcolm
Guest croydebay
They told me today that some free mags and a CD are in the post :) I have provisionally agreed to do the RC show at SantaPod with both cars (on the Retro Car Club stand) but it's a tricky one as the TRDC National is the same weekend and I'd also hoped to be there....

And you Steve? Perhaps SAT with the TRDC and SUN at the RCS?

Malcolm.

Yes...I was thinking maybe to do that...

Hey, I just noiticed that there are actually not one but two little pics of my car in the latest issue but they will have to pay for calling it a TR7!

Steve

Guest croydebay

Just a thought, Malcolm. Would it not be better to do S.Pod on the saturday (RWYB) and Billing on the Sunday (Speke Display).

I'm also looking at Castle Combe Rally Day..Sat 22nd July (TR Reg Int. Malvern, Sunday?). Been looking at their website http://www.rallyday.com/index.html

Looks as if the TRDC has booked paddock display space there before, can you give me any details?

Steve

I hope both of you will be at Billing on the Sunday.

I will be at Castle Combe on Saturday 22 July(the TRDC has a stand run by Jim Johnson including a works rally car) and at Malvern on the Sunday for the TR Register international.

Steve if you would like to be on the stand at Castle Combe let me know.

Guest croydebay
I hope both of you will be at Billing on the Sunday.

I will be at Castle Combe on Saturday 22 July(the TRDC has a stand run by Jim Johnson including a works rally car) and at Malvern on the Sunday for the TR Register international.

Steve if you would like to be on the stand at Castle Combe let me know.

Yes Chris... I'd like to be there.

Guest croydebay
But the SantaPod RCS show is JUST on the Sunday isn't it? Do you know something I don't Steve??

Malcolm.

No, sorry, I havn't actually checked... I am a veteran of many (VW) shows at Santa Pod (as a trader and even as a Drag Racer Sponsor!) and they have always been 2/3 day events. Sat was usually RWYB and practice etc. Sunday for competition. Need to check then... with the cost of insurance, marshalls and ambulance maybe it is too small for a 2 day event.

Steve