now the TR4A IRS has had poly bushes and new suspension all round and trunions that now trun as they were seized solid the cockpit is relatively quiet, so the other half mentioned a DAB radio, i'm thinking as small possible and out of sight, ie in the glove box, with speakers either in the upper footwell or on the deck behind the seats, has anyone done this or have any suggestions,

regards

ol boys

We have a 2 year old Audi fitted with a dab radio, it's rubbish, not the actual radio but the possible reception. Fine on our driveway or locally but on any trips it soon runs out of range

and we give up and revert to FM. The Government has recently extended the cut off date for FM transmissions because current coverage is so poor and erratic.

Get a decent FM unit, Moss do a retro looking unit, search this forum and you will find comments on it.

Chris

We have a 2 year old Audi fitted with a dab radio, it's rubbish, not the actual radio but the possible reception. Fine on our driveway or locally but on any trips it soon runs out of range

and we give up and revert to FM. The Government has recently extended the cut off date for FM transmissions because current coverage is so poor and erratic.

Get a decent FM unit, Moss do a retro looking unit, search this forum and you will find comments on it.

Chris

Hi, Retrosound, sounds like what your looking for,and possibly what AlanR may have.

Mark

Edited by MRG1965

"iPhone, Bluetooth speaker, planet rock....and I'm sorted!"

+1

Why bother with a radio, fitting speakers, wiring etc etc. I use a Bose mini that has a convenient rubber base so it sits on the dash without sliding about. Connect with blue tooth to your I phone or I pad to listen to your music collection or if you want the radio just use the radio player app on your phone. You can get any station IN THE WORLD. I particularly like FOX FM Los Angeles.

The sound quality of the Bose is just amazing.

Ol Boy. I just done the same with my suspension as you and had the same seized trunnion bolts. The difference in the car is totally amazing. Problem is the wife now likes gong in it and because it is now so quite I have no excuse for saying I cannot hear what you are saying. Oh well, there is always a price to pay.

Simon

Time I think for a big bore straight through exhaust to make it noisy again to stop the incessant chattering.

Edited by PYU940F