Why is it so difficult to fit the heater? I had the motor overhauled and cleaned up the rest of it. Trying to make it fit back in is very hard. The bracket which attaches to the bulkhead behind the battery seem to hold the heater too low. I removed the dashboard stay and fitted the heater back in but it needed a lot of leverage to replace the stay.

After a while lying on your back under the dashboard, begins to lose it's appeal. This is not a complicated job but I am obviously doing it the wrong way.

Any advice would be very useful

Almost ready for Drive it Day.

Thanks Richard

Hi Richard ~

I've never experienced any problems with refitting my heater?

Could it possibly be caused by the heater hoses which point up. I modified mine by fitting two angle heater hoses

which don't foul the body. Have a look at the photo.

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Thanks for the reply. I managed to buy two long rt.angle hoses at the IWE one year. I think that it was TR bitz. The original design was not good with a straight nose bent over.

I think my problems stem from the bracket.

Richard