TR4a Engine Mounting

Hi,

I have taken my engine out for a rebuild and notice that the fitted rectangular engine mounting blocks include off-set threaded bars.

As fitted the blocks have their long side vertical but the bars facing the engine are nearer the bottom on one side and nearer the top on the other side.

It is probably better to get the blocks in their correct position before offering up the engine even if not fully tightened.

Should the blocks actually be mounted with their long side vertical or horizontal?

What should be the position of the threaded bars, nearer the top or nearer the front depending on the answer to the previous question?

Thanks

D2

I cant help with the orientation but I would suggest replacing the rectangular ones with circular Land Rover ones. I and a number of others on here have done that. They are a bit less compliant than the rectangular ones.

Edited by peejay4A