Hi Folks,

I have three or four TR4/4A cams. One has serious wear on the front two lobes but the others have only slightly visual wear.

Can these be used by anybody? Perhaps flinging the camshaft rather than a crankshaft - so much lighter.

If anybody wants them please say so,

Roger

Roger you are a tosser! No, not literally but remembering the "good ITRWE's", oh what fun we had when we all pretended to be some kind of super hero and have a go at tossing the crankshaft, which was bloody heavy, as far as we could. Overarm, underarm any which way but loose really. Ahh yes the good ol' days, when every journey was invariably an experience, we all worked on our own cars and everyone respected each other!

Now we have a litigation society which if someone put their back out tossing a crankshaft or tugging a TR all hell would break loose.

Oh well roger at least we have our memories, well some of the time anyway!!

Cheers

Alan G

Well I've just had a look through the four cam shafts on only one is good and that is now spoken for.

Two of the remaining three have one lobe just starting to break through. And the remaining one is the one I removed in January that was

producing the orchestral racket and that has two very bad lobes.

Is there a market for re-grinds. It seems a shame to throw away something that is 95% in very good condition.

Roger

Is there a market for re-grinds. It seems a shame to throw away something that is 95% in very good condition.

Roger

Kent re-ground my standard cam to a Fast Road profile for a very reasonable price. It was a few years ago but I guess they still do such things.

Phil.