Interior light

I have a 1973 cr tr6....one thing I have never seen on the car is an interior light....I have the door switches but alas no light....could someone please enlighten me with a picture of what I should have and it's position

Cheers

Len

I don't have a picture but mine (and I believe they are correct) are just bulb holders/ bulbs clipped under the dash above the foot wells with a purpose made clip.

Thanks for replies ...I have seen a picture of the earlier light on the tunnel. I am thinking it must be what Ed has got...a picture would be great ?

Len

Thanks for replies.

Sounds like I just need to make something up ...

ShaunC ....that seems similar to the Stags so will look to do something like that.

Cheers

Len

Thanks for replies.

Sounds like I just need to make something up ...

ShaunC ....that seems similar to the Stags so will look to do something like that.

Cheers

Len

Yes, same lights (and as the one in the TR6 boot, albeit with the added chrome bezel!).

I've also fitted a 10second delay off timer too...giving just enough time to get the key in the ignition when it's dark. :)

Thanks for replies ...I have seen a picture of the earlier light on the tunnel. I am thinking it must be what Ed has got...a picture would be great ?

Len

pics?

post-4234-0-60686900-1523042742_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-40767400-1523043033_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

I have a 1973 cr tr6....one thing I have never seen on the car is an interior light....I have the door switches but alas no light....could someone please enlighten me with a picture of what I should have and it's position

Cheers

Len

Len: Really need to know whether you have a CP or a CR. Interior lighting depends on which year of car. Earlier CPs had a tunnel light which I understand serves a mostly cosmetic rather than useful function. I have a CR that has a loose bulb hanging near the ignition key and a bare bulb clipped under the passenger dash that illuminates (faintly) the footwell. I've spliced in a couple of LED strips that have made a significant difference to the actual ability to see...

OK:

post-12460-0-79659900-1523225573_thumb.png

You should have this under the passenger dash to the left of the centre console

post-12460-0-56753600-1523225577_thumb.png

And this under the steering wheel near the key insert. (mine is just a bare bulb hanging in the nest of wires)

thanks for that.

i have definitely seen the clip for the 1st picture so i am halfway there !

many thanks , thats just what i needed

len

No wukkas